We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Hi I've been to bangkok afew times but I'm thinking if I should try staying at the riverside. Any suggestions?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

What's your budget? Lower end but pretty decent is the IBIS Riverside, while across the river is the 5 star Shangri-la, in an almost prefect location when it comes to views and transportation.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

As bbtony suggests Riverside is best in Bangkok with those two hotels at op ends of the scale. Bossotel another good choice in the budget range

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

If I'm looking for a mid to high range?

Sweden
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Anantara riverside has a resort feeling to it! Check out the reviews.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

My choice would be the shangri La but a cheaper option which is practically next door would be the Royal Orchid sheraton, all the rooms have a river view.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Navali on the river. Local ($14Baht) and tourist ferry stops out front, we enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the ferrys and local river traffic. Just caught the local ferry to Sapan Taksin peir and caught the train.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

You would IMHO have to go a long way to beat the Shangrila if your budget will stretch to it.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

If the more expensive ones like the shangri La are outside your budget I would second the Navali....nice modern, comfortable hotel with roof top pool and good restaurant, right on a ferry stop so easy to get anywhere and a 1 minute walk to the fun of KSR.

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Shangri La is located at Bang Rak while the Royal Orchid Sheraton (ROS) is located at Talad Noi ... although both located on the river, I wouldn't call 1.5 KM walking distance next door.

The ROS is an awesome property, you won't regret staying there. Here is our review of the stay we had there: milepoint.com/forums/…

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended hotel (river side or city area?)

Anantara (former Marriott Resort & Spa) lovely hotel