We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Help! I've only got 2 days in Bangkok (it's killing me!!!). I'll spend one day in the city sightseeing and one day doing a day trip. On the day trip, would you do floating market & tiger temple or ayuthaya, and why? I can't decide, so I need some perspective. Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
127 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

First, Tiger temple is a bit too far and some said it's animal torture place. and also expensive entrance fee. You need to pay every single thing you want to do with the tiger.

Choose either Ayathya or Floating market. they are popular and are 30-40 miles from Bangkok.

Chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Thanks yongyes. I hadn't heard that. Pretty disturbing. I guess it's Ayuthaya for me.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

And, some say Bangkok is just one big brothel.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Hi,

Plenty to see/do in Bangkok for those two days:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c125983/Bangk…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

My choice would be Ayuthaya but as ndy says there's also enough to keep you busy for the 2 days in Bangkok.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Take train from Hua Lampong Railway Station in early morning to Ayutthaya rent a bicycle and sightseeing around there ,you will enjoy this trip.

Chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

Great link, AjarnAndy. I've never seen the shooting range on a "best of bangkok" list before and it sounds like so much fun.

I have settled on Ayuthaya for a day, even though that means limited time in Bangkok. This is so hard. I wish I were there for two weeks rather than two days!

RiniRabbit: Will the train be broiling hot? I like your plan, as long as I won't be sapped of what little energy I have after 27 hours travel time by the heat. I love the bicycle idea. Will definitely do that.

8. Re: Floating Market + Tiger Temple OR Ayuthaya???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:17