We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
King's Lynn
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

I would like to walk from the Siam Centre to Baiyoke Tower with my children aged 5,6 and 7. Is this easy enough and how long will it take? We had thought about having a meal at the top but the reviews of the food are not great. Is going up to the revolving viewing deck an experience not to be missed by tourists? Can you just turn up at any time to do this or are you supposed to book tickets at a certain time?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

http://goo.gl/maps/rEOgp

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

For a normal healthy adult approx 20mins.

From Siam centre use the skywalk all the way to Centrel World. Cut through Centrel World and exit through Isetan. Walk along Rajprarop, over a bridge and into Pratunam ( this would probably be the toughest bit for the kids).

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

As Mmonkie mentioned, about 20 minutes however the Pratunam area can get very crowded so I would suggest you hold on to the children tightly. I haven't eaten in the restaurant so can't comment. I think the viewing deck was worth the visit as you get some great views over Bangkok. Tickets can be bought on the day and included a free drink in the bar area when I did it.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

maybe more than 20 minutes for the weekend and the evening.

There's too crowded if possible don't cross the street if you have many children walk with you it's too dangerous ,but It's fine if you will walk without children.

Edited: 29 November 2012, 08:12
chennai
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

What about taking the bts to Chit lom and walk from there?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
161 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

After the bridge, keep left to Platinum Mall. There's an overhead bridge on the 2nd floor that connects to the Pratunam Market and walk straight on to Baiyoke hotel - so you don't have to cross the road. Walk safe!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

I would get a taxi if I were you. It is cheap and walking for 25mins you will be hot and thirsty in that heat.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

Agree that by walking will be quite hot and gonna be difficult if you are taking care of so many kids. Ive walked this route before and it can be quite tiring. Take a cab instead.

As for the restaurants at Baiyoke Sky, I would say its pretty normal. For that price, you get a decent buffet spread and entry to the revolving tower. Worth the visit and view of Bangkok night scene.

chennai
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

What if we take a taxi from Siam Paragon, how much will the taxi driver ask? around 80-100 bhat? or less

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: walk from Siam centre to Baiyoke Sky Tower, how long?

If you take a taxi, I would cross over to the Siam Square side of Ploenchit and flag one there. You don't want a taxi heading the other direction. Ratchadamri, in front of Centralworld, can become a parking lot.