We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip guidance

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
One day trip guidance

Hi All,

I am traveling from Sydney to Mumbai and I have taken a 1 day transit at Bangkok. Main purpose was to buy a 40" LED TV and shopping at Platinum mall. But meanwhile I would also want to go to some good club at the night. My flight arrives at 10pm at Suvarnabhumi airport. I plan to leave my luggage at the 'Left Baggage' at the Airport.

So my Queries:

1. Which is the best way to head to platinum mall from the airport and how much would be the approximate cost?

2. I heard that the mall is open all night. Can someone confirm this? I would like to start shopping early morning then.

3. Is there any reasonable hotel around the main market in case I need a single room? I dont want to spend much on the hotel.

4. Which 40" Smart 3D TV would be the best with International warranty? Samsung or LG? and if possible could you tell me the model and the price?

5. Is it true that the TV weight is excluded from the luggage allowance? and that one person can carry one TV upto 32" ?

Long Question... Sorry.. TIA

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day trip guidance

If you mean platinum mall it's only 5:30 most shop will close.

All the mall here usually open 10:00 - 21:30 but for weekend will open early (some 9:30) till 22:00pm (the mall will not close till 24 but it's the cinema floor only).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day trip guidance

5. Is it true that the TV weight is excluded from the luggage allowance? and that one person can carry one TV upto 32" ?

I don't believe this is true but you should check with your airline directly on this. Airlines are charging for everything now days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day trip guidance

Sumit B try using the 'Search In' facility at the top.

This TV stuff has been covered and covered many times.

4. Re: One day trip guidance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 05:16