We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear - runners

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Footwear - runners

Hi i was wondering if anyone can point out where i can find runners/sport shoes ie brands such as nike, adidas, asics etc that are genuine/real and cheaper than australia?

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
645 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear - runners

Check SuperSports (a chain often located inside Central and Robinson Department Stores - their largest branch may be the free-standing one in Central World) and Sports World (another chain, which I consider to have better values especially on whatever sports shoes might be on promotion at the moment). Below is a link to their Website, and also to a meta-listing of a branch which might be more convenient than others for the visitor:

http://www.sportsworld.co.th/en/location.php

soidb.com/bangkok/store/sports-world-thaniya…

Regarding fakes - Some believe that major businesses like these do not carry fakes. I have seen items which I believe to havebeen fakes in major stores (though never, yet, in either of the two mentioned above).

But if you shop the promotions in the cost-conscious sports shoe sellers in Oz, those promotions can be pretty good.. YMMV on whether the prices are better in Oz or Thailand on major brands. Good promotions in either country could beat regular prices in the other, IMHO.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear - runners

Wouldn't say the real sports products are any cheaper to tell you the truth than back in Oz...

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear - runners

I agree, I was looking when on our last trip and the (as far as I could gather) genuine runners, surf clothing and sports gear was on a par price wise as you can get here. In some places it was quite a bit more expensive.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Footwear - runners

You won't find the same range of sizes or widths either. With wide and large feet, I still get my New Balance shoes from the USA.

Edited: 23 December 2012, 02:21
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Footwear - runners

I found the genuine nikes etc. about the same price as in Australia.

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Footwear - runners

Thanks for the tips guys! Really helpful!

Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Footwear - runners

Can only confirm what others have said but re UK prices. Purchased lots of items in Sports World as they had a Sale on but all the normal prices for big brands were very much on a par with the UK.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,853 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Footwear - runners

If you are male and have tiny Thai sized feet no problem finding something that fits. But if you have big US size 12 or above you might even find something cheaper back home.

9. Re: Footwear - runners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 05:16