We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetstar and excess baggage

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
jetstar and excess baggage

Well it's getting close to our departure date and now the questions are coming to mind thick and fast !

WE are flying jetstar out of Auckland NZ transit and change planes to a jetstar asia flight then to Bangkok same on return.

I've read the jetstar excess baggage info on their website but I think I'm a bit thick and I'm really not sure about whether we pay excess baggage fees for each individual leg of our trip or just one payment for the whole trip.

Does anyone know?

Thanks so much

Frazz

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Individual leg.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Pre-paying for baggage works out considerably cheaper that getting hit for excess baggage at the terminal.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Thanks BobnJanette, we've already bought the tickets with 20kgs of baggage but with 2 teenagers in tow I was thinking I should add another 20kg for flight home If I'd paid for it at the time of booking the tickets it would have been cheaper but I think if I try to do it now it will be heaps :(

Thanks mousehole Thats what I was afraid of :(

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Yes. Better upgrade it early and remember you are in Bangkok; a shopping heaven.

My trip last week, we came with 15kg and return with 67kg luggage.

Go figure out. :P

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

oops sorry mousehunt not mousehole !

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Jetstar charge a higher fee for adding baggage after your booking but it is still cheaper than paying excess baggage rates at the terminal

Remember you also are allowed up to 10kg carry-on luggage per person.

Alternatively, you could consider sending a parcel home via post.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

I always travel light to places where shopping is great, like Bangkok. I seldom leave here with any more than carry on, and that includes a nylon duffle bag rolled up in my day pack to fill for the return.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

Thanks BobandJanette I didn't realise that I will get some extra baggage booked tomorrow :)

Ross, sounds like the perfect way to travel :)

9. Re: jetstar and excess baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:16