We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live report ...part two

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Live report ...part two

Hi all

Today ( Dec 28th) we were up and early ready to be pick up by nook ( our tour guide) and her driver. I wanted to show my son history if his heritage on both side Thai and Australian. I engaged with nook base on her review here on TA. I don't want to do it my own even though born and live half of my life here does not mean I know things or my way round the place. Master 15 also wants to see the train and floating market.

Off we went 7am first stop was train ( Mae Klong train market) to be honest it didn't excite me at all ( but you do for the love of your child). The rain was late but there are so much food and snack for me and my husband to try out ( master 15 just turn his nose up..horrible child)

After the train market we all went to Damon sadauk floating market. If you thing traffic in Bangkok is bad then this is worst than that. We had boat coming out from all directions all at once. Its was so hot and humid with fuming from the boat's motor ( they should be ban). We were opted for paddle boat. It was the first time for master 15 so it was quite the scene for him.

After the floating market we made our way to the cemetery, museum and the train over the river keaw. It was very moving ( I'd been once in high school) and sad. To every one that softie please take the tissues you will need one. I had a few ( ok more than a few) tears. I just can't help it even though I didn't know nor related to any of them.

It was a long day we don't get back until after 6pm this evening. The traffics was horrendous when we are approaching Bangkok.

So tonight is pizza from room service for us....

Thanks for reading...

Pea ..live form the 18th floor Siam @ Siam

X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,173 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live report ...part two

Hi sweetpea,

Thanks for the update. The Floating Market has never really appealed to me. I haven't met anyone who hasn't been moved by their visit to the war cemetery in Kanchanaburi.

Regards, Andy.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live report ...part two

Thanks Andy

We would love to go back to visit again as we didn't get to see hell fire pass. Next time we will stay for a couple of nights.

Best

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live report ...part two

Sounds like you're having a great time Pea and I'm looking forward to the next live report.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live report ...part two

Hey Pea thanks again, I'm enjoying your live updates.

Have fun

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
524 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live report ...part two

Really enjoying your live updates, keep them coming.

Thanks

Chrissy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live report ...part two

Great update sweetpea!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live report ...part two

Hi sweetpea.... I like your new avatar! Thanks for your report - very interesting. Glad you are enjoying your sight-seeing.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,254 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live report ...part two

Hey Pea,

Good to see the black vail is lifted & you a having a good time.

Bangkok sounds very interesting

Enjoy your pizza!!

Cheers Mac

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live report ...part two

Enjoying the updates, keep them coming :)

Cathy

10. Re: Live report ...part two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:16