We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling to find women's shoes

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Struggling to find women's shoes

My wife is struggling to find good quality leather shoes, in particular sandals without heels. She's not after expensive branded stuff, just good steady Thai made shoes.

In our past trips to Thailand she's had no problems finding suitable shoes. However this time around we've looked through Platinum Plaza and also MBK twice and have not found anything she's liked.

Any suggestions where we could go? Thanks.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

Central, Robinson, The Mall....

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

Have some shoes custom made. Several places will make shoes to order for you.

Try other malls.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

What type of prices are we talking about for custom made shoes?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,650 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

Here is some old links on custom made shoes. If the link does not come in use the SEARCH choice above. I have never had any shoes custom made.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=3687&geo=293916&scope=2&q=custom+made+shoes+bangkok&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&returnTo=__2F__

I am one of the lucky guys with huge feet so there is no cheap shoes in Bangkok available for me. But no problem back home so I always have spares from home. (Cheaper too!)

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

If you are staying over the weekend, visit Chatuchak, the weekend market. There are nice leather sandals in several locations, my friend bought a pair a couple of years ago and they are still good and now she bought another pair same kind but a bit different style. I believe they were about 200-30 bath.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

Hi,

Robinsons and the Mall Bangkapi.

7. Re: Struggling to find women's shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:15