We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to get from BKK Airport to Hotel to the Grand Palace?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Time to get from BKK Airport to Hotel to the Grand Palace?

We are only in Thailand for a quick trip. Is this possible to fit in the Grand Palace based on the info below?

We fly in to BKK airport at 1:20pm.

Is it possible to get to our hotel to drop off our luggage (hotel will either be Glow or Anatara) and then to the Grand Palace still that day?

I know the palace closes at 3:30pm.

Or is it possible to bring our luggage with us to the Palace?

Would love to make this work if possible but realize we probably won't have time....

We are hoping to do the floating market the next morning - then we have a flight later that night...

Any suggestions? Many thanks....

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to get from BKK Airport to Hotel to the Grand Palace?

Sorry no, I think its impossible !!

After you land it could take approx 40/60 mins to get through immigration control (depending on Q's) and then another approx 40/60 mins in a taxi to your hotel in a taxi (depending on traffic). Then check in etc ... no time left to get to Grand Palace before last entry.

My .. drop the floating market and visit Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun the next morning/day..

Edited: 02 January 2013, 04:09
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to get from BKK Airport to Hotel to the Grand Palace?

Thanks - that is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

What are your thoughts about skipping the Grand Palace and going to Wat Arun instead since that is open until 5:30pm? Would it be possible to get from the airport at 1:20pm to our hotel and then to Wat Arun before it closed?

Floating Market - my sister REALLY wants to go to that so I think it is a done deal. :)

Really appreciate your help!

3. Re: Time to get from BKK Airport to Hotel to the Grand Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:16