We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samui to Bangkok

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
379 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Samui to Bangkok

Looking at a flight from Samui to BKK on Bangkok Air and the prices are coming in 4,100TBH one way which i think is a wee bit expensive. Is it worth waiting to see if they'll come down or is there any other ways to get a cheaper price?

Thanks.

p.s Will be travelling in March

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samui to Bangkok

That is probably about average, have you checked Thai Airways ? , they only have 2 flights per day but likely also to be expensive.

There are the ferry+flight options of Nok Air and Air Asia, takes longer, but cheaper

Put in a random date for March on Nok Air, dep Samui 1245 arr Bangkok ( Don Muang Airport ) 1745 and was B 2,219 , there was one cheap but that was dep about 8 am and not getting to Bangkok until 1520, so very long trip

Same date Air Asia dep Samui 1100 arr Bangkok ( Don Muang ) 1720 B 1,611 which is good

http://nokair.com

http://airasia.com

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samui to Bangkok

Hi

Thai airways fly to and from samui direct twice daily so worth to check them out too. I don't think they will come any cheaper than that ( it might cheaper if you're traveling in low season).

Alternatively air Asia ( surat thani airport) and Nok Airs ( nakohn si thamarat ) both fly from mainland to Bangkok ( Donmaung airport ). Both offers airs + bus ( from Donsak pier to airport) + ferry. This route will be alot cheaper but take longer to get there as opposed to both Thai airs and Bangkok airs take only 55mins.

Cheers,

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
646 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samui to Bangkok

Haven't looked lately, but prices you mention seem typical.

The trick that we've used in the past is to check the first and last flights of the day. One or both is often cheaper (or has been when we used to visit Samui) - if you avoid periods that have been booked separately. For our visits this has been a blessing:

1. Fly down on the first trip of the day. Sit on the left side of the plane to see the sunrise directly, or on the right side to see the coastline (and usually the islands) glow in the light of sunrise.

2. Our favourite resort is walking distance north of Chaweng - just far enough away from the jam of people but close enough for walking into "town." We're on the beach, snorkling over the house reef, shortly after the flight touches down - by about 7:?? AM.

3. Stay the desired number of days there.

4. On the last day, take a last swim at sundown, bathe and change clothes, have a leisurely last dinner on the patio of our resort, then transfer to the airport (<10 minutes) for the last flight to BKK.

A true N nights and N+1 days. All by leveraging the cheaper first and last flights of the day.

Hope they serve you up with such promotions..

Edited: 09 January 2013, 08:05
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samui to Bangkok

Maybe register to get news update from Airasia.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
379 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samui to Bangkok

Thanks folks

Much as i expected though. I know going via Surat Thani would be less expensive but in reality only about half price and for the extra hassel it'll caus i think i'll just stick with Bangkok Air. Guess it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have a 14 hour flight back to the UK

Thanks again

6. Re: Samui to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:19