We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flower Market

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flower Market

I’m staying near BTS Ploenchit station, how do I get to the Flower Market (Pak Khlong Talat)?

Is the Flower Market near to Chinatown?

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flower Market

Take BTS to Saphan Taksin station. Go down under the bridge to the Central Pier and take the Chao Phraya express boat coming from your left, and get off at Memorial bridge(aka Saphan Phut). The flower market is a short walk away.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flower Market

Hi,

Take the BTS to Siam, change onto the Wong Wian Yai line and take the train to Saphan Taksin station. Underneath the station is Central Pier where you can take an orange flag river boat up stream to Memorial Bridge, N6. The market is to the left of the Bridge.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flower Market

Thanks for the quick reply.

I assume coming back, I just do the reverse?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flower Market

Yes .. just reverse coming back.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flower Market

Thank you so much.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flower Market

Take Orange Air-con Bus 73,,opposite Central World Bus Stop(Aroma Hotel side) all the way to Memorial Bridge Terminal and u can see the Flower mkts.Best to go in the evening where Flower mkt is much alive and there also the Saphan Phut night mkt.(Tuesday;night mkt close).It cost about 14 -17 bht bus fare.This journey took you through Siam Paragon,MBK,Rama 4,Hualongpom Railway station,Heart of Chinatown Yaowarat Road.

A cheap way to sightseeing on a public Air Con Bus.

Edited: 09 January 2013, 15:42
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flower Market

Would it be better/faster if I take a taxi there on a Sat. morning? I’m flying off at 6pm that day.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flower Market

saturday morning is traffic in Bangkok since 8 am

i think the best way to go there from phromphong is BTS and river boat (takes about 30-40 mins) 60baht

but if you prefer taxi it will costs around 100-200baht(I guess) and takes about 30-40 mins too if the traffic was normal from phrompong [wasn't sure about the traffic but it's quite busy on Saturday though.]

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flower Market

Set the alarm for 4:00am.

Get a cab to take you, when the rest of Bangkok is sleeping, the flower market is buzzing.

Go early. Have fun

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flower Market

4am...I'm not such an early person.

What about 6am? Do you think traffic is still alright?