We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Hi,

Anybody has used tiger airways from BKK to SIN in the recent past for this sector?? Is Tiger reliable??

Did check old posts, nothing new/recent.

Its a short flight only 2:20 hrs, so was wondering how good they are.

Being budget airlines, may have crammed seats.

Any input greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

kayura

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Reliable budget airlines.Did have some unfortunate delay or cancelation of flight.Please read your e-mail or sms for last minute announcement due to the above.

Good to fly.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 14:12
bangalore
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Thank Leomak for the prompt feedback.

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
644 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

im using tiger to fly back from bkk to sg too in april. have used tiger before many times and never had any problems with them though they are a budget airline.

seats are a bit crammed as im quite tall thus if you want comfort do spend a little more and buy urself the front seat (a small price to pay for ur comfort).

and do make sure you buy ur luggage allowance online or thru the phone as if you do not and at the airport if ur luggage exceeds the weight you bought you have to pay a hefty price foe the excess. thats really important. always buying the luggage online when booking ur tickets or over the phone is much much cheaper than at the airport.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
209 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Try Air Asia...its a budget airlines too but very good and reliable. ...and cheaper than Tiger. You must pay for your baggage but decide its weight and pay accorgingly.Meals have to be bought on flight but you can always eat before boarding..

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

I've flown Bangkok to Singapore and back again using Tiger and thought they were fine. Usual budget airline standard, ie. no frills but perfectly acceptable. They have the advantage over Air Asia at the moment that they fly from Suvarnabhumi in Bangkok, and not Don Mueang, but I guess how much of an advantage that is to you depends on where you are based in Bangkok

bangalore
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Thanks MAHA24, ktinde and gjgregan.

MAHA24: Would you know , if the checked in luggage charge can be purchased at a later date,after the actual weight is known??(at the time of booking the actual weight is impossible to predict)

ktinde: will check out Airasia website.

gjgregan.we will be staying near nana station-sukh 8.I suppose, we have the option of using ARL rather than taxi only.

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
644 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

hi kayurabng,

Passengers who have not pre-booked Luggage Upsize™ online at the time of booking have the option of doing so by calling the call centre up to 72 hours prior to departure. Passengers who do not exercise this option up to 72 hours prior to departure can still do so at the airport on the day of departure but will be limited to purchase only the 15kg baggage tier and will be charged the prevailing airport rate. Additional weight in excess of 15kg will be subjected to the prevailing excess baggage charges.

copied that from the website. so best to buy ur luggage online or thru call centre 72hrs before u board ur flight.

both air asia and tiger are budget airlines and both work the same way. both u need to buy luggage when booking ur flight and also no meals provided for bth u have to purchase ur meal too on flight if needed.but dnt bother its too ex to buy the food on flight. just have ur meal b4 ur board ur flight. bth airlines can be cheaper or more ex that the other depending on wen ur buying it and if they are having any sale.

im going bkk in air asia and cuming bak in tiger. reason cheaper that way. however only after buying my tix i found out that air asia flys to don mueang airport. never been there b4 so not sure hw long it will take to get to sukumwhit or silom where i would be staying.

anyway hope the above info helps.

bangalore
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Thanks MAHA24 for the detailed info...

Do give me the feedback once you have actually used both budget airlines.

Check out this thread, may help you-http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k5494174-How_to_get_to_Don_Muang_Airport-Bangkok.html#0

Mumbai
Level Contributor
209 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Air Asia ticket goes on sale tonight...check out the fares..

Don Muaeng airport was the old airport and its very accessible from anywhere in Bangkok. I think but am not sure but there is a train link there too. Taxis cost around 200bhts. in either direction. Must try Tiger Air and check out the differences..

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BKK to SIN by Tiger Airways

Tiger airways is good airline and sometimes you can get cheap ticket than Airasia.

and I recommend : http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/ it's good aswell.