We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No more e tickets thai rail?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
No more e tickets thai rail?

Just went online to thai rail tickets and big announcement, no more Internet purchase?! Dd anyone else happen upon this ? Thanks, grams98

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

Grams98,

I have not tried the online system as I tend to purchase them in person at the Railway Station.

Tickets can be purchased up to a month in advance.

Hopefully, there will be other posters who may have weblinks for this purpose.

Your holiday time is coming nearer and I wish you a great time there.

Giorgio Federico

Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

thanks, Giorgio,

that is what the thai rail ticket website says, and as we go during songkran, from ayutthaya to bchiang mai, then back chiang mai to bangkok, we cant count on the tickets still being available when we arrive 4 days prior to going. any help from anyone will be appreciated. thanks again, grams98

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

Hi,

Someone else posted the same earlier today. Seems they are diverting sales to their 3rd party broker sites.

I guess seat 61 will update the info soon.

Cheers

Edited: 14 January 2013, 23:31
Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

Seat 61 just did update info with a link to a third site. I gave it a try, so we will keep our fingers cross. The payment procedure sounds very confusing, so I chose cash upon pickup, and I will hope that works. There is a 300 baht charge to pick tickets up at main station. Time wil tell. Thanks, grams98

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

Just use an agency like www.thailandtrainticket.com, always found them very reliable and you will definitely need to book in advance (60 days for long routes, 30 days for short routes) as it is a busy time of year.

Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

I used asia discovery, another site suggested by man in seat 61, I will let everyone know how it goes. I tried thailand train ticket, bur couldnt understand their payment methods. Thanks for all the help. Grams98

7. Re: No more e tickets thai rail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 05:16