We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Flights Within Thailand

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Flights Within Thailand

Hi,

I booked tickets flying into and out of Bangkok from New York. I am taking round trip flights from BKK to Chiang Mai, BKK to Siem Reap, and BKK to Ko Sumai. My question is should I book these flights in advance before leaving New York or can I show up at the airport and book the same day? Will there be flights available same day and which would be more economical? Book the same day or in advance? I'm traveling in March.

Thanks for any advice!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

IMO its always best to book the flight, its sometimes cheaper :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

Usually cheaper in advance especially if you are flying budget airlines. ie. Air Asia.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,680 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

Flights may be available on the day but not necessarily cheaper than booking in advance or fitting in with your timetable. Near in mind there are two airports in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi, the main one, and Don Mueang, about an hour apart with different airlines, budget or full service, flying to different destinations. Have look at Skyscanner.net for the various options for your dates and destinations.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

And there is no knowing if availability will be there on the days you want to fly if you just turn up at the airport. Flights to Samui and Siem Reap are always busy, while there are 5 airlines offering lots of availability to Chiangmai, but it is nearly always cheaper to book in advance.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

I agree, better to book in advance, we plan many many months before we arrive & book flights when there are sales, has not been any good ones yet for short flights around Thailand or to Cambodia etc, hoping something will come up soon.

Cathy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

Thank you so much for your answers and advice. I am going to book before I leave NY.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

can you tell me any any other cheap domestic airline within Thailand. I want round trip from Bangkok to koh samui. I know air asia.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

You could check Nok Air, and there's also Bangkok Air, but they are not necessarily cheap. Happy travelling.

9. Re: Booking Flights Within Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:18