We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I would like to see sample of lizard skin and other shoes from Siam Bootery, Bangkok.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I think they have a shop on Suriwongse Road opposite Patpong Road.

Made some nice shoes there long time ago.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,891 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

They are located at 292 Sukhumvit Road, right at Asoke BTS Station, exit 2. Tel: 02-229-4413

London
Level Contributor
984 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

...and their turn around is 7 to 10 days with prices starting at 7,000thb.

If you have the model/shape of the type of shoes you want, take it with you as they can work much better from a copy then relying on description.

Failing that take a photo.

They do have several ready made samples too.

Tip: Be accurate with your requirements down to specifying the colour of the thread required. Their shoemaker is good but he may need a little direction from time to time.

Best

Giorgio Federico

p.s. if you go ahead, you may be the first one to review them

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
20,773 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

Traveltom has had a number of pairs of both boots and shoes made by Tony Leather over the years which he has always been delighted with. They have two shops in Surawong run by brothers. They have leather samples that you can look at and lots of sample shoes and boots on display.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I have several pairs of dress shoes made by Siam Bootery. My shoes are standard dress shoes. They have held up well and when I need more I will go back. The shoes fit well, and have lasted.

Whenever you are having something made in Thailand, Federicoita's advice about being very specific is good advice.

Canberra, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I wanted to give you some feedback on my experience with Siam Bootery.

I wanted some boots made in a design I couldn't find available in Australia. They're just a simple design, 6 inch high, zip up with a 5 inch heel. They charged 7500thb upfront, which I paid by card.

The boots were ready in 4 days and were exactly as I'd described. I got the impression this was stretching them for time as when we went to pick them up they asked for another hour to clean them up. They did clean up nicely :-)

I'm yet to wear them for more than 10 minutes but here are my initial impressions:

They're well made and you can see that they've used real leather of a decent grade.

They are a tight fit. As I mentioned, I haven't worn them much so the leather hasn't had a chance to stretch. I'm confident that it will.

They could probably do with a bit more cushioning and arch support.

We also bought my husband some black leather shoes, we paid 5000thb (maybe 5500). Again he hasn't had to chance to wear them but initial thoughts are:

Again they are well made. They are full leather upper and sole with a rubber heel.

These have much more cushioning than my boots with arch support.

They are very shiny :-)

At this stage I will purchase from them again via email order.

Ban Patong, Phuket...
Level Contributor
4 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I ordered dress boots here. Prices range from US$250-300, with a selection of leathers (cow, lamb, deer) and more exotic skins (crocodile, lizard, etc.). I had injured my foot in an airplane accident which required reconstructive surgery. As a result, my left foot is slightly different in size than my right. However, at this store, very precise measurements were taken and the boots are comfortable and fit perfectly. It takes an average of 10 days for them to make new boots, but they can mail to you. I would recommend to all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

The 1 post wonders are out today :-)

Darwin
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

I'll be a one post wonder (for now) but can also affirm Siam Bootery do a great job with wallets. I had a very specific and apparently difficult style (I wanted both a card viewer and coin pouch, not just one or the other) so got one custom made. My wife bargained hard on my behalf and I ended up getting a great cowhide wallet for 2000 baht in 4 days. They have a great range and I ended buying a few other things but no shoes unfortunately. The owner was very polite and fun to bargain with (I am sure he bested us), but no harm as we all walked away happy.

PS. I am a real person and am only writing this as I want to promote the great places we spent our dollars at (positive reviews for Queen Thai Silk, Rajawongse, Terminal 21 and Baan Sukhumvit Inn Soi 18 to follow).

Trier, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shoes by Siam Bootery, Bangkok

Tony's is TERRIBLE,,,went there four times in over a week trying to get then to get three pairs of shoes right, one they finally, the other two they didn't even try. Fortunately that one covered the deposit .. had the impression they would not have returned it. Think they take the order, make one try, then hope leave town and just forget about it. Don't go there.