We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

Asia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

I'm thinking of staying 2 nights at Huay Kwang area near the night bazaar but don't know how big it is and how crowded it is. Is this a good area for tourists to stay and shop? Thinking of staying near the Huay Kwang MRT. I like buying clothes, hand bags, shoes, hair accessories.... and not a fan of big department stores as they're the same everywhere and too expensive. I also like to stay somewhere near supermarkets such as Robinson, BigC, Lotus. I think I read that there's a Robinson and BigC near Huay Kwang MRT.

The hotel I'm looking at is "The Atrium Ratchada 13 Hotel".

I did a search in Trip Advisor but there are only 3 results. The shopping FAQ doesn't mention this area.

Thank you for all replies & tips.

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,291 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

Its not s bad choice for a market, very local but don't expect quality products, just 'you get what you pay for'.

Rachadapisek is a great shopping area as the mrt runs right along it linking the dozen or more malls, which include Central Plaza Rama 9, Fortune Town, Robinsons, Big C, Esplanade, and several others.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Rama Hotel
Bangkok Rama Hotel
55 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

Thank you.

So, am I correct that by walking around MRT Huai Khwang, I can find shopping malls you said above? That is good that I can find restaurants inside the malls. I'm not into low quality stuff too but just want something local, hand made, not the big brands.

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,291 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

You'll need to use the MRT to reach some of the malls I've mentioned, but they are all a short ride.

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,291 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

My first ever 5 nights in Thailand in 2009 were spent at the near by Cha Da hotel which is close to Huai Khwang MRT.

As well as the night bazaar there was a huge Carrefour now Big C plus a decent size shopping mall. Many restaurants inside this shopping mall.

Found the area to be very Thai which is no bad thing with not many tourists.

Despite the MRT and this being a friendly safe area I found myself a little cut off so switched to Silom Rd after 5 days.

Having been to Bangkok now 8 times and seen most of the attractions I would not hesitate to stay in this area now.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel
Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel
474 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
MRT
MRT
2,291 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

Thank you both of you.

I still have 2 nights to think where I want to stay. Already booked 2 nights at Sukhumvit and think if I book 2 more nights at Sukhumvit, I can be bored. I think Silom looks a bit format & quiet to me.

6. Re: How big is Huai Khwang (Huay Kwang) Night Bazaar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 07:16