We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kpf
usa
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Or is the Oriental? I also need a great pool area for kids.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Hi Khfrazier

U might liek to check review on this site:

www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok.html

Good luck

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

This is an eternal debate with some siding one way and some the other. It may come down to what you like in terms of interior style - the Peninsula being modern with lots of gadgets, the Oriental having a more colonial style.

I would say however that the Peninsula pools looks better for kids.

There are lots of reviews and candid photo shots on this website that you can take a look at.

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Hello again khfrazier,

With so many fine hotels in Bangkok, it's a tough question and difficult (but pleasant) choice. Hard to choose between the Peninsula and the Oriental. (Although my fiancee and i easily solved the dilemma: we simply agreed to stay at both properties.) ;)

Concerning great pools for your children, the Shangri-La, Royal Orchid, and Four Seasons (to name just three) have facilities your family should enjoy. (If you are so inclined - and arriving late - the FS and the SL offer in-room massages until the early morning hours. I am presently "in residence" at the Shangri-La, and pleased to report the hotel continues to provide therapeutic treatments until 3 am.)

Wherever you stay, enjoy the land of smiles.

macintosh (Robert)

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Both are amazing but if i had to choose,it would be the Peninsula.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Well, i am biased. If there is a Shangri-la property where i travel to tthen i always stay at the shangri-la

Have yet to be dissapointed with them

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

Wow! I notice no one mentions the Marriot resort. I am still confused.

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

You asked about the Peninsula and the Oriental. The Marriott is nice but is in a very different price bracket so that is probably why it has not been mentioned.

The Marriott is meant to be great for kids however - fantastic pools and a kids club. However, not in the same league as the Pen and the Oriental but a v good 4* option. This trip we are in Bangkok on 3 different occasions and are staying 4 nights at the Marriott, then later 2 at the Oriental and lastly 3 at the Peninsula - like Robert we couldn't choose so are staying at both of the Pen and the Oriental but are funding it to a degree by a cheaper stay at the Marriott. We like the Shangri La as well.

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Peninsula the nicest hotel in Bangkok?

yes