We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Local Tour Companies

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwich...
Level Contributor
419 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Best Local Tour Companies

With limited time in Bangkok, I would like to know which companies are considered best for organizing interesting and well-run day tours for a single traveler. Thanks!

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

I have used the service of www.sunleisureworld.com and i love them, if you are staying in bangkok city, you may look forward to go for Sun Leisure World.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
281 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

Definitely do not use Thailand Tour Centre also known as Hellfire Tours and a few other names. They are a rip off and the management who runs them is very very rude.

They took us on the completely wrong tour, even though I booked it and paid for it months in advance and they refused to admit fault even though I had paperwork from them confirming what I had booked and paid for. The guide was terrible, we saw stuff we didn't ask to see and nothing we had paid to see and then got taken to the proverbial jewellery store.

Never again!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

Has anyone used Local Bangkok Tours by Isango? I am looking at the following tour with them. local-bangkok-tours.com/floating-market-and-… Can anyone advise?

Penang, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

We are a group of family members of 8 -10 wishing to visit Bangkok in the first week of March, 2015.

Hope to engage a good local tour agent who can arrange shopping, eating & dining local food and tours to places of interest except temples.

One of the few places we wish to visit is the market place where train pass through and the stores along the track have to give way by keeping the track clear whenever train passing through.

Then the Chatuchak Weekend Market, Koh Kret Island, Yaowarat, Saphan Phut, MBK, Duty Free Deals at King Power, Pantip Plaza, Ratchada Night Bazaar, Fruit Shakes at Nang Loeng Market, etc.

However, the main emphasis is good local food and shopping.

Hope you may propose your itinerary and tour charge for our consideration.

Thank you.

Regards,

Philip Lim

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
281 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

Hi Philip

I think you may have put your question in the wrong place. If you post this question in the Bangkok Forum then you will get many replies from fellow travellers and Trip Advisor members but at the moment it is appearing as a reply to a question from January 2013.

Also have a look at the Traveller Article about Tour Guides in Bangkok on TA - it is very useful and will probably answer your question. Look on the right hand side of this page at Top Questions - Find a Tour Guide? Good Luck!

Edited: 19 September 2014, 01:57
16. Re: Best Local Tour Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2015, 05:15