We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Hi

We're planning a holiday to Thailand in April which will involve 3 nights in Bangkok but we're not sure whether we should stay in the Cape House Apartments or the Park plaza (or anywhere else anyone would recommend of similar quality/budget). Has anyone stayed at either of these and have a view on which is best?

It will be the two of us, looking for a quality 4* hotel that is well kept with a pool of some form, close enough to walk to attractions, restaurants & bars and in a decent area. It looks as though Sukhumvit is the best area to stay in for this? Views appreciated!

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

we love cape house and have been staying here for the past 3 years. It is quite simply a lovely place. Good staff, gorgeous rooms, more than adequate breakfast, nice pool area and all day business lounge open to all- with complimentary tea, coffee and snacks all day long. a 5 minute walk to chitlom station.

A quick tip- if booking 3 nights have a look at quickrooms.com as they are usually doing a 'nearly free' 3rd night, so it is pretty much the same price for 2 or 3 nights. Also, in the past, if you book with them 60 days in advance, then you are upgraded from a studio room to a one bedroom suite, and these are wonderful.

There are a number of bars and restaurants right across the street, and The Loft food court in Central Department Store Floor 7, accessed via chitlom station, is a very fun place to eat as well.

Spratley
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Cape House is sandwiched between 2 buildings. If your room is on the side, you will barely get day light. Happened to me. Ask for a high floor, you may get it. I was told that longterm guests get high floor.

The lounge is nice if you want to spend time at home. The pool is very small, often full of children.

I do not share the opinion re friendly staff. They were o.k. but nothing exceptional or specially helpful.

You will have to pay your stay in full on arrival. I had to add one more day after I had spent 5 days there. The add. day also had to be paid in advance.

I will not return. Bangkok is full of alternatives.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Agree with yokomura in that there are others just as good at a better rate. Cape House was my choice until I had an issue with there booking staff running me around. I now won't stay there as I a more than happy with my new choice and the rate is better.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Stayed on Park Plaza /Asoke in Dec and was very happy with that. See my review with details.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

I can only relay my own experiences at cape house- which have been very good each stay. We have booked 2 ways, directly with hotel via email and paid on departure, and mostly with quickrooms (to get the upgrade) which is paid in full in advance. just checked this website for 3 nights in april it comes out at £135 total charge B+B for the 3 nights.

Last visit I stayed there by myself and felt very comfortable as a lone female- staff couldn't have been more helpful and I always felt safe walking back to the hotel at night.

I am often the only one at the pool, and yes, I do pop to the lounge for a coffee after a day shopping or sightseeing.

England
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

Hi all many thanks for all your responses, very helpful. On balance it looks like we'll probably take a better look the the cape house apartments and get booked up but guess will see what rates we can get on quickrooms! Many thanks

7. Re: Where should we stay in Bangkok? Cape House Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 07:16