We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

Kia Ora from New Zealand, calling all tiger lovers who are intending on going to The Tiger Temple on 5 March. I went there a few years ago with and organised tour, and now want to travel there by a private taxi, arriving for the morning tour which can be booked online for 5,000 BHT excluding taxi. Am hoping for a single/couple willing to share the taxi with me and return at the end of the day, which is included in the morning fees. The afternoon programme also has similar cub feeding and large tiger walking as the morning, but comes with additional fees of 1,000BHT for each booking. Not for the faint hearted but worth every moment if you are into Tigers like myself. For people who want to moan on about drugging etc., dont bother with me as I did investigate this on my previous visits, thanks, aroha.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

6th March?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

Sorry am leaving Thailand on 6 March. Am doing this short stopover just to go to The Tiger Temple for the whole day on 5 March. The park is large with other animals and on my last visit I felt the few hours there on a

Tong tour (which including other local sights) was just too rushed to the point of challenging by having to walk quite a long distance to get to the tigers in a canyon like enviroment with very little shelter, and then the hustle and bustle of other over keen people to have their Tiger moment.

A lot of people talk of the Tigers being stressed, maybe they should look at themselves objectively on this day trip, leaving so early from Bangkok just to go to another market (floating) then the grief of war graves, sitting inside the audio visual room of the war museum which by now I was wondering if I was ever going to get to The Tigers, and The Bridge and Railway is no doubt another Kodak moment, but I felt a tourist treadmill. Those historical sights will be around for ever, but The Tigers in my life ( as a true cat person) are something that are so precious and my visit and contact is all I want to see and do. Yes I agree there are issues with their being kept there, drugged not but have became slaves to man, just like all animals kept and not roaming free in their natural environment.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

I can't believe what I've just read. You ask for no preaching but deliver a sermon of your own. Banging on trying to convince people that it's normal for these animals to be kept in captivity for tourists pleasure and that genuine historic sites like the Allied war cemetery should take a back seat to this zoo. Unbelievable.

Cheers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

I take that as a "no" vote from the prince.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

We did the tour with tong and didnt feel rushed at all i was lovely!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

Thanks for your replies, its encouraging we can all rant out our personal feelings/opinions out in this social media free world.

For "fresh prince" I wonder if you have been to The Tiger Temple and the war cemetery? I have, and for me once (war experience) was enough, on Tongs tour we spent quite a long time there, which for me Samantha, it made me feel like we had to rush through the Tiger experience due to limited time. My point is that I would prefer on this my third journey to Thailand spend the day with the Tigers. No disrespect to the war history choice for an option, gosh, I should know as my father grew up in occupied Europe.

As far as the tigers go, I never said it was normal as you state fresh prince, and its your opinion that it is a zoo. I have never visited a zoo with interaction with the animals, especially ones so endangered.

Have you considered that by having this opportunity to come so close to these majestic cats, that visitors might become very positive towards their welfare and wanting to save the species by financially supporting other save the tigers type programmes worldwide. And just maybe things may improve here,especially when the tigers become almost extinct in the wild, then at least there is a population here that can be researched and resourced if required.

I see them almost as an insurance for the future of tigers, so who are we to be so negative and not support at least this project which could be essential for the future of the species?

I will be looking very closely again this time, and will report back my whole day experience after my visit.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

"I see them almost as an insurance for the future of tigers, so who are we to be so negative and not support at least this project which could be essential for the future of the species?"

This is one of the few, legitimate, complaints that the detractors have. These tigers cannot be released back in the wild. And, they cannot take part in future breeding programs, due to lack of genetic histories.

But, for most people, no one cares about such things. And, as far as "ruining" the gene pool, simply don't breed these animals with the ones kept by the "good guys".

8. Re: Person/s to share taxi to Tiger Temple ex Bangkok 5 March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:16