We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine shop

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Wine shop

I like a nice glass of good wine and am staying in Silom from next week. I know that all the 7 ELeven shops sell alcohol but I was wondering if there is a good wine shop anywhere nearby? Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine shop

Where on Silom?

All big supermarkets stock wine. There are wine shops here and there. Not sure where the nearest one to Silom is.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine shop

There's a Wine Connection in the car park behind a 7-11 on the corner of Silom and Convent Roads - access from Convent Road through the car park.

Pluto Highlands
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine shop

check out the new Pullman hotel G. they have a wine bar restaurant and wine shop plus a cool venue. big fan of the Wine Connection myself for finding decent priced (for Thailand).

some local selection to look for are Monsoon ( the Syraz), Chateau D' Loei and Granmonte. wines offered at 7 11 sit on the shelf upright forever. many in the sun. and then theres the alchohol rule at 7 11 and foodland and such others at buying during certain hours.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d2…

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine shop

Yes Wine Connection is very good and competitive...there's also a decent wine outlet in Siam Paragon Gourmet Food Hall..Siam Cellar.Tesco Lotus also sells wines so you will have no problem finding a decent drop!

wineconnection.co.th/upload/…202013.pdf

Edited: 31 January 2013, 10:48
London
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine shop

thanks very much - i am close to soi covent so will check out wine connection

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine shop

Sawsadee Khrap...

I am also staying in Silom, and like a glass of wine in my room nightly.

I found the wine selection ( and prices) good at Foodland Patpong 1 ( in the small soi off Silom, tucked away in the back). The prices for things there are better than 7 11.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine shop

Davewaikiki - agree totally with you. Same suits also on Sukhumvit area, Foodland on soi 5 has a nice collection of wines and rates are very reasonable!

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine shop

hi there

awesome, I was going to ask the same question (I will be in BKK in a couple of weeks, and also staying in Silom)

so is it possible to buy Thai Wine @ wine connection?

kind regards from Chile :)

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine shop

I haven't seen Thai wine at any Wine Connection store. you can find Thai wine at the Foodland in that area. some good Thai labels are Monsoon, Chateau d loei and Granmonte. after those I dont care for much of the rest. maybe someone has some other picks that work well, I'm interested.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine shop

cool, thanks a lot for the feedback ... do you think they'll have Thai wine at the airport?

cheers