We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your advise tour. Pleaee

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Your advise tour. Pleaee

I emailed a guide from the guide list.. I wanted a walking tour using public transportation MRT/BST. Learning things off the beaten path that tourist don't go.

This was their suggestion half day tour, using public transportation to Chinatown and Golden Buda. I was quoted 2,700 bath or 2 adults m

Is this fair?

Thanks for reading my email. I leave US in 4 days to Bangkok. Yeahhh

my email

Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips, City Tours
Mandy Guide Smile
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Expique - Bangkok Tours and Experiences
Food Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Thai Sabai Life
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

It's too much, should be half that or less, irrespective of there being one or two of you, so keep looking.

Level Contributor
31 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

If i can make a suggestion ,you can easily do this on your own,buy a good city map/ or free from tourist information, plus get a BTS/MRT map also free from a station and also buy a bus map (from asia books) and your all set,

China town is just wonderful to just wonder around all the little alleyways on your own,

hope this helps,you can see so much of local life from the window of a bus.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

I for sure would not be paying that sort of money for a tour I can very easily do myself with a map and a little research.

Could be that the price is high because walking is involved, I have noticed that the vast majority of Thai people are not that keen on walking too far. Can't say i blame them either it can be quite wearing in the humidity.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

I don't understand why you need a guide, you could easily do this yourself.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

Chinatown is an easy visit, using the Chao Phraya express boats. Hop off at Pier #5, Ratchawong[se] and head up the road to Chinatown central. The orange flag boats will set you baht 16 baht (new fare) per person.

You can take the BTS skytrain to Saphan Taksin, and catch the express boat, underneath, at the Sathorn pier.

Pier #5 to "Chinatown": http://goo.gl/maps/qvRbp

For the Golden Buddha, take the MRT underground to Hualumpong, then walk from there. MRT fares will be under 50 baht, 1/2 price if you are 60 years or older.

So, for the DYI tour, you are probably looking around 100 baht per person.

MRT to Wat Tramit (Golden Buddha): http://goo.gl/maps/5gj37

Edited: 03 February 2013, 22:09
6. Re: Your advise tour. Pleaee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 05:15