We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card

Glasgow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sim card

We arrive in Bangkok for transit to Koh Samui. Can I get a sim card in Bangkok airport or wait until I get to Koh Samui?

Thanks.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
380 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim card

Unless your really desperate to phone home just wait till Samui. Just go to any 7/11 and buy a sim card

Glasgow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim card

Thanks for your advice and yes I will be 'phoning home each night to my elderly father.

United States
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim card

If you have a long layover at BKK, I suggest getting the sim card there because all 3 of the telcos (AIS, DTAC, True) have booths at the airport with very helpful staff that will set your phone up for you and help you purchase the correct package for your needs.

Edited: 14 February 2013, 17:03
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim card

Hi,

Should you have the time at BKK airport do note that the companies mentioned by Hollywood above have counters in the arrivals area B.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sim card

There is sim kiosks in the arrivals area.

Go to the main "Thailand" forum page and look at the FAQ's on the right side for more links regarding sim cards. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293915-i3686-Thai

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sim card

The sim card is available at the airport, some Kasikorn exchange booth they have a free simcard for foreigners as well.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sim card

Here is an international thai calling card I use in conjunction with my One-2-Call sim card..1 baht per minute to the UK on land line rates..Costs you 300 baht.

http://www.thookdee.com/home/4en.php

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sim card

Dtac is quite a good SIM cards for signal using in Thailand.

True Move is good for the internet, 3G, Wi-Fi but not quite good for the signal.

you also can find prepaid Sim card in all 7-11 here.

If you need further information of their SIM cards just check on their website :)

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sim card

Thanks everyone. You have been very helpful.

10. Re: Sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17