We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC to Bangkok airfare?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
DC to Bangkok airfare?

Hello everyone - I'm planning a honeymoon trip to Bangkok in December. First time that I'm going to Asia, so it's a bit overwhelming.

Knowing that it's tourist season, does anyone know what a "good" rate would be for a round trip fare from DC to Bangkok? I'm seeing fares around $1700 right now on Kayak. Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Thanks,

Ian

X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

I think it would depend on the dates in December. If it is the first week then there are fares for about $1500, but if nearer Christmas then prices are around $2000.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

Hello Rayder1979,

Nice to hear that you & your spouse are heading to Bangkok for 1st time to Asia. Your choice is excellent as Bangkok is captivating, culturally rich & Thai food is one of the best, if not the best.

I can't advise you on competitive airfares, but from an Asian perspective, I would want to alert you that you've to expect something much different over here, socially, culturally, esthetically and in many aspects. It's very unlike what you would find at home in New Jersey, NY or Boston.

As you've time, I suggest that you do some in-depth reading & research on Thailand to prepare yourself for this trip. But all said, what will definitely overwhelm you above all things, is the generosity, hospitality & extreme warmth of the Thai people which has motivated me to come to Thailand many times each year.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 04:22
4dk
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

For your honeymoon I would check out Qataar Airways. I am flying DC (IAD) to BKK in March RT for 1024.00 I would check their site once a week to keep up with their promotional airfare like i did.

Also Qataar Airways is a 5 star airline so it will be a ride in luxury!!!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

I cannot help you for airfare but would like to recommend place for you time to honeymoon.

If you like the Sea,Beach go to Koh Samui,Phuket,Krabi

If you like Mountain,Park,Natural go to Chiang Mai,Pai

enjoy your honeymoon time

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

Cant help with airfares.

But you should think of staying in a riverside hotel for your honeymoon.

Ensure whatever hotel you pick is close to a BTS Skytrain station.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

Never fly from DC to Thailand.

But if you thinking fly from LA , Korean airlines or Eva air ( LAX Taiwan) are quite good airlines. (but I prefer Korea because we can drop to visit there for few days haha)

For the Honeymoon trips in December if you will visit the south > Krabi province or trips to Similan and Tachai islands there are the real beautiful place for the beach in Thailand and It's quite a wonderful time in norther here as well. ('=

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

Qatar Airways is an easy choice IAD-Doha-Bangkok , excellent airline

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

1700 USD is a reasonable fare from the east coast USA to Thailand in December, based on fares over the past few years. You may do better, and it may get worse. If I was planning to fly from Charlotte to Bangkok in December, I would probably buy the $1700 fare. When I check airfares out of Charlotte, I also check DC and Atlanta.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

United/ANA fly from IAD to NRT then onto BKK - 1200 to 1700 dollars. Korean fly from IAD to Seoul then BKK for around 1400 dollars.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DC to Bangkok airfare?

Hey all. Just updated this item. I was able to book RT from Washington Dulles to Bangkok, with 1 stop each way in Istanbul on Turkish Airlines for $1450 per ticket. This is December/January, so I think I did fairly well. Thanks for the tips!