We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

My wife and I recently went to Kinnaree Spa and Massage on 8 Sukhumvit Rd between Nana and Asoke BTS. As we agreed on what service my wife paid and they saw the staff saw that she had the money. Although we were both having same massage they made my wife have a shower. They told her she had to leave all her nags etc in the room. She only showered for a min when sh heard her bag been touched.

When she returned and started massage she decided to check and saw her purse was in her bag but opened. She then noticed over $200AUD missing. We asked the staff to hand it over but they refused.

They have a heap of cameras yet the boss was called and reviewed the tapes but refused to let us know what they saw.

They are a bunch of thieves here at this massage shop and should be avoided. Whilst we were there arguing for our only back two makes entered and we told them what had happened. They informed us that they were there only days before and the same had happened only that they had no cash to steal m

A disgraceful act and its sad to see Bangkok heading down this path.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Thanks for the warning and now that they've been named and shamed on here it won't do their business any good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,318 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Terrible. But at least you have now warned others.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Only take price of massage and tip when you go for a massage. Bringing anything else with you is asking for trouble.

Spratley
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

And within a few days they will have changed the name of the spa. People will forget and they can rob a few more travellers.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

^Can't rob you if you do not have anything to rob. :)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,524 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Most husbands end up holding the wife's handbag when they go into changing rooms, etc. Could have worked for this massage place too.

Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Sorry about your problem.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

" its sad to see Bangkok heading down this path.". Really? Come on, open your eyes to real world. First, it's one business, not all of Bangkok conspiring to rob you. Two, get real about Bangkok like any city--there are thieves, conmen, dirty cops, cheats as in any coty. Bangkok is no different. Is it everywhere ---of course not. You can spend years here and never experience anything untoward. But the unwary or unwise may have an occassional problem.

Done differently, as stated in other posts, bring little money, have husband hold purse, or as I would have done--telling me to leave purse or wallet behind while taking shower---no way, it goes with me in my hand. They don't like it i"m out of there as it's obviously an alarm. if this is on Soi 8, there are several massage buinesses there for other options. I would advise my hotel staff at desk to also, when asked, warn off customers. Don't let this spoil your trip.

Manchester
Level Contributor
610 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Did you report it to the tourist police?I have only been robbed once in Bangkok.A lovely family run hotel.I left 2500 bht, I left in a make up bag,the rest of our money in the safe, disappeared out of our room.I was upset,because I knew I had to report it and that the owner would be mortified.It was our last afternoon and were checking out early the next morning.The owner checked the cctv..all maids have to go in rooms in pairs,he saw one go back into our room on her own.She was new, from out of town and had sent the money home apparantley.He kept in touch by email and when we got home from our holiday refunded the stolen money to my bank account.......top guy...feel bad I put temptation her way...she lost her job.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Hi,

I tend to share Ravenret's perspective on matter. One or two bad apples should'nt tarnish the whole massage business in BKK. Just be very wary & careful about your money wherever you are, not only during vacations but in activities of life.

Also, I think robbery is too harsh a term to use. It should be called "theft".

Do not let the loss affect your vacation. Hope other things will turn up much better for you & your wife.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 13:55
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WARNING. Robbed at Kinbaree Spa and Massage near Nana BTS

Not to rub salt on ur wounds, but I don't know why ppl get lax with their valuables on vacation. Mine never leave my possession or line of sight. Its too damned irresistable for someone who probably makes 300 baht per day to lift 6000 baht or more so easily.

Probably an inside job, otherwise the owner would have given ur money back. Owner will probably keep it and give a pittance reward to the snatcher.