We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Hello wondered if anyone can advice of good quality thai food, in a attractive envirmonet in bkk, not over the top prices, but good local good in a nice enviroment. We have liked cabages and condoms in the past with all the fairy lights etc, but was wondering if anyone can reccoment anywhere else, in about the same price range - and that is open sunday evenings.? Many thanks in advnce

W Yorks
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Hi,

I've always had good food at Zanzibar on Sukhumvit Soi 11, it gets described as an Italian restaurant by some reviews, but it only has a very small pizza/pasta section - I have always eaten Thai food there. Kinnaree on Sukhumvit Soi 8 is also nice. Both are accessible by Nana BTS.

Further afield, I really like Banrie Cafe next to Ekamai BTS (Exit 1) it always has a really good atmosphere, live music and is always full!

Enjoy your trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,901 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

How about Soul Food Mahanakorn – Sukhumvit soi 55 Opposite Grand Tower Inn 100m from Thong Lo BTS

http://www.soulfoodmahanakorn.com/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Hi Patch12,

I 've had good Thai cuisine with moderate prices at the following:

(1) Bussaracum at Si Wiang Road, Silom (off Surasak BTS). Big compound with parking, nice Thai decor in white, quiet, pleasing environment.

(2) Taling Pling - Sukhumvit Soi 34

(3) Nara at Erawan Mall - This pleasant restaurant at the basement is better than bigger outlet at Central World Mall (7th Floor).

(4) Kinnaree Thai Restaurant at Sukhumvit Soi 8.

I was most impressed with Bussaracum's quality Thai cuisine, one which I patronized something like 25 years ago when it was in the old Rama 4 area.

Will be glad for any feedback on other restaurants you will be checking out.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 15:04
Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

We enjoy Tongue Thai and Harmonique, both situated nea the riverside.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
792 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Hi chrella, might try tongue Thai or harmonique when we stay at the shangri la later this year. Are they child friendly if we went early ish and are they easy to find from the hotel? Thanks!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

I would highly recommend Harmonique, having been to thailand on several occasions this is one restuarant we will always go back to and are planning to in a few weeks-can't wait. It is not open Sunday evenings just make sure you book a table-get the conciarge to do this for you. They bring starters and main course together. They do a nice lemon chicken which children should like and a lovely green mango salad. Also recommend Mussaman curry.

It is not from Shangri-la and took us a easy ten minute walk-there was a tuk tuk outside last time.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

for attractive look into Baan Khanitha (higher price range), the food is easy going and much better then C&C. the thing with C&C is you get that ridiculous menu with so many options, so its good for anyone.

if you like the themed idea of cabbage and condoms there's a crazy array of restaurants outside city center and cheap with good food and large menu's. some like Chocolate Ville are pricey. this is in the Ramindra and Kaset Nawain area.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g28932-d24…

…panpages.co.th/categories/…listings

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

apologies, copying links with two separate search engines. dis regard the first link. its for Hawaii.

http://www.baan-khanitha.com/

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

I like Coca the Restaurant at Siam Center it's suki restaurant if you would like to try but prices a bit expensive now .

or if you like to try (cheap) Western food, I recommend you go to Eat Am Are location next to Century the mall, their restaurant it's easy to find (take BTS to victory monument station) it's about steak restaurant.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attractive Restaurant Bangkok

Hi Kai- Khem. I love the look of Baan Khanitha, and particularly the one in Asiatique, which gets a 'thumbs up' for a great place to shop / visit in the evening, on another thread on the forum. It looks very classy, but also expensive. Any idea of typical prices? We only have one night in Bangkok, in August, so beginning to gather ideas for shopping and eating!

Mags