We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roof top bars

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Roof top bars

Hi everyone,

We are heading to Bangkok for the first time in June, and I wanted your opinions on whether it is worth heading to a roof top bar for a cocktail and to enjoy the views, and if so which one you would recommend. Are bookings required? Would we be better off going to one that incorporates a restaurant and having dinner there too?

Thanks for your help :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,901 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roof top bars

Great rooftop bar without crazy prices.

Above Eleven Bar - 33rd Floor Fraiser Suites, Sukhumvit soi 11 Nana BTS www.aboveeleven.com/about-above-eleven/

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roof top bars

I'd recommend going to one yes. Worth it. There are several good ones. All are expensive for drinks. Just google "rooftop bars bangkok". I personally recommend the Red Sky bar in the Centara Grande Hotel next(attached to) Central World Mall. They have jazz (live) in early evening, and later play soft rock. Comfortable seating all around the roof edge and serve food snacks and drinks to you where your seated. You can get close to music or find a private quiet area with great views of city. There is a restaurant on the same floor but I've never eaten in it. This is my favorite rooftop and I've been to three others highly recommended here. very cozy, intimate, private if you want that.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 14:59
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roof top bars

My votes goes to Vertigo at Banyan Tree! really nice views and good food

Regards

Sam

travellingking.com

colchester
Level Contributor
598 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roof top bars

Hi, we only have 2 nights in Bangkok and would like to schedule in a rooftop bar, but cant decide which!! Wondering if its possible to do a rooftop bar crawl .... say

From Asoke BTS, go all the way to Saphan Taskin for

1) Sky Bar

then BTS back and alight at Saladaeng and walk /tuk tuk/taxi to

2) Vertigo

then BTS to Siam and walk /tuk tuk/taxi to

3) Red Sky

Taxi back to The Rembrandt, Sukhumvit Soi 18

or is this just crackers!?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roof top bars

…cnn.com/bangkok/drink/bangkoks-best-rooftop…

This link should give you all the options you could want.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roof top bars

Red sky at centara grand (Central World the mall)

centarahotelsresorts.com/cgcw/….UTFyuTDIbEQ

great location the sky city view in Bangkok :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roof top bars

Thanks all - appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roof top bars

I would definitely recommend Vertigo at the Banyan Tree but they are all great and of course expensive. You can do dinner as well but as others have suggested my recommendation would be to have cocktails there and move on for dinner. Equally,having cocktails by the river is very special too.

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roof top bars

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to take children (age 11 & 14) to a sky bar, as I would love to go just for a quick drink to experience it. Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roof top bars

Hi, I have enquired and the banyan tree moon bar and above 11 will accept our 5 year old wel behaved. I have printed the emails though just in case issue with door staff. Looking forward to it now!