We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
12 posts
Save Topic
Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

hello everyone, i will be in Bangkok ,Thailand in may for 9 nights and was wondering which hotels are recommended. My budget is under 50$ usd per night and will be traveling with a senior citizen. I'm looking for a hotel that are really close to bts station and has plenty of street food outside the hotel. Thanks a bunch...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Are you sure you mean "hotel"? I think you're going to struggle to get very much at all for fifty dollars!

Edited: 28 February 2013, 23:58
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Hi,

Have a look for hotels around Thonglor Sukhumvit or around Silom/Chong Nonsi. Plenty of good street food in both locations. You should be able to find something good for $50 on agoda/sawasdee/wotif etc.

cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

You can take a look at the Ibis Bangkok Siam, avg nightly rate ard US$50 (excl tax).

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

It's opposite the MBK Mall and near to BTS station as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Try Swiss Park Hotel in Sukhumvit, great location and only a couple of minutes walk to the BTS Nana station.

The accommodation is good for the money.

I have stayed there, no complaints.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,324 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

How about a little more information. Are you 2 guys going to go-go bars and nightclubs or two women more interested in shopping? What are your interests?

Even in Bangkok you can still find a hotel for $20 US that has A/C, private toilet and even TV.

Swiss Park is in a good location. Otherside of Sukhumvit on Soi 8 is the Sawasdee @ Soi 8 and the Nana Ibis on Soi 4. In this area there is some nightlife that you can ignore or visit. Walk to restaurants, malls, street vendors, Skytrain and even supermarkets.

sawasdee-hotels.com/bangkok/…index.html

http://www.bangkok.com/ibis-nana/

Further down Sukhumvit near the On Nut Skytrain station is the Imm Fusion.

immhotel.com/bangkok/…default-en.html

Staying in Bangkok for NINE nights is a long time. Unless you are on business or attending a school or conference, etc.

Malmö
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

iResidence is just a few steps from Chong Nonsi BTS entrance. Cheapest room is around 50USD without breakfast, but adding breakfast is just like 4USD (for both). Upgrading the room is just a few bucks, and they have quite a few promotions. Cheapest rooms are OK but a bit meh! so I would upgrade.

I would hold off booking till about one month before your visit, possibly better deals.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Additional 10-15 usd gives you a hotel with a pool, with your budget a lot of good choises all over the city without pool.

Try for ex Agoda and limit your selection on one area by time so it becomes easier.

San Jose, California
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Thanks everyone... I was checking out the heritage hotel Bangkok and i residence in silom but wasn't sure if there were any good street food around there. Our interest is mainly street food, temples, museum, zoo, garden, thai boxing, historic homes, night market and fresh food market. We are not into drinking or bar hopping and would like to keep our distance from loud music. so, is 9 night really too long? someone recommended at least 2 weeks in Bangkok. we're debating whether we should stay in silom or sukhumvit area. Any suggestions?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

For only 2 weeks a few days in Bangkok in the beginning allows you to book rides to other cities and get your bearings. Visit another city and then end in in Bangkok for a few more nights just before you fly home. Do your real shopping on this final visit to Bangkok. Where you go in between is up to you. South for better beaches north for Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai.

You don't give too much information about what you want to see and do. Or how big your group is. A bunch of guys would be happy with a visit to Pattaya where hotels and nightlife is cheaper. A bunch of women might prefer Chiang Mai or Phuket.

Up to you.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotels are recommended close to bts and street food?

Hi,

Both of the hotels you mention are not badly located for street food. Almost underneath iResidence is a small street food 'court' and late afternoon as office workers are going home stalls set up around Chong Nonsi BTS station selling moo ping and other snacks. Lek seafood is close by, not really street food but good and you can sit in the side soi so nearly street food. If you walk along soi 3 for 5 minutes you're in Soi Convent which has some great street food - chicken rice on the corner by Eat Me and Crab noodles outside Molly Malones are two of my favourites - and just off Silom under Saladaeng BTS in a no through soi is another fantastic no name seafood place (scallops in red curry paste is to die for). You can also jump on the BTS at Chong Nonsi to other areas like Thonglor pretty easily.

Cheers