We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Largo, Florida...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Hi, preparing for trip 4 in may. My dentist thinks it is time to replace a cap, and is fairly sure insurance won't cover it. With his special 12% discount it is only a bit over $1100(!). Can anyone recommend a good dentist for this type of work in bkk? Since we always begin and end our trips with 2-3 days in bkk, I hoped I could see him, get the cap ordered, and come back in a few weeks for the install. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. P.s. it is in the front, so quality matters. Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Hi we have been using Promjai Dental Clinic in Phuket more or less fro the past seven years which we get to once a year when on holidays,which are great and much cheaper 1/2 -1/3 than or dental in Perth W.A.

We are going to them in July but we are going to Bangkok first and i did a net search found Promjai in Bangkok also you could try them but one thing i will say if go decided to go with any dental in Bangkok it will have to be well planed as you only have 2-3 days,you are better off tilling them you only have 2 days and you will need as much done on day one exam ,xrays removal,clean, replace with temp filling cap and mold of new teeth then day two fitting of new tooth explain that to them in a email and see if can be done. i would recommend also trying any dental in the hospitals if you find any of the web search.

Good luck

Regards

James

changiairport

Sydney
Level Contributor
75 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

I have been visiting The Dental Hospital www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com in The Sukhumvit area for many years and they are terrific. I suggest you email them with your plans and what you need and they will advise you timings and costs. They can do work quickly but obviously if you want it to fit properly etc then the more time they have the better. I have had no problems with work done and of course it is so much cheaper than Australia.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

I use Bangkok Smile Dental whenever i visit BKK. I got some prothetic work done and been happy with them since. Great work, great Dr. Sun and perfect price.

Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
904 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

$1100 for a cap!! That's really expensive no wonder you want to look elsewhere. Must be the only thing in Scotland that's cheaper than in the US. I would expect to pay around $100 for that!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Most Bangkok dentists are as good, if not better, than many western dentists. That said, all such services are objective. My wife and I love the clinic we visit. Her mother has nothing but problems there, real or imagined.

I fully endorse Thai dentistry. I do not, however, recommend specific dentists or clinics.

Largo, Florida...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Perhaps we should put Scotland on our to-do list! Thanks for the reply.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Bangkok Smile Asoke..BIDC Siam both good!

Uga, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Dentists in Australia are an absolute rip off, they will do what they can to charge you as much as possible, this includes unnecessary work.

Having been to a number of Dentists throughout Australasia I can assure that you will be unpleasantly ripped off for any work you have done in Australia. Then there is the additional unnecessary work on top of that which you will also be ripped off for.

If your lucky enough to have health insurance, then you will find it never covers the cost of anything this rogue industry charges. Seriously it is criminal what Dentists charge in Australia. I hope everyone boycotts this protected industry and travels overseas to have work done !

Go anywhere in bkk you will be fine.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 04:27
Bangkok, Thailand
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

Hi,

Smile Signature Dental Clinic have 5 Branch in Bangkok there two locations serving International patient in Smile Signature Siam Square and the other one is in Smile Signature Ratchadapisek.You can vist in www.smilesignature.com and www.thailanddental.com for more information.

Bangkok, Bangkok...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok dentist recommendation?

My friend recommended Dr. Sirikukurat at Bangkok International Dental Clinic (bangkokdentalcenter.com/thailand_dentist/den…) and I went for a cleaning. The clinic was the nicest I have been in, very large, and very clean and modern. In the past I've always had hygenists do the cleaning, so I was impressed to have a dentist do it. He spoke great English and had gone to dental school in the US. He explained what he would be doing, and checked to make sure I was comfortable throughout the procedure. I didn't feel any pain, and it also felt like a very thorough cleaning. I had a little bit of coffee staining and he got rid of that. Afterwards he told me my teeth looked great. Prices were below what I pay in the US, although higher than street corner clinics in the city.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 09:22