We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
495 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

Hello Everyone,

Travelling to bangkok after a wonderful week in Samui. Have heaps of dirty clothes that need washing. Could you tell me if there are laundry places that wash clothes by the kilo and what would be the approx rate. While in Samui we saw such places all over most charging 40THB. Btw staying at President Place on Suukhumvit Soi 11.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishi

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
495 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the query?

Thanks,

Rishi

India
Level Contributor
355 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

I'm sure u knw what 'Laundy' means :-) .......can't help u with that!!!... Abt the laundry......There's one diagonally opposite le Fenix hotel if you're walking towards cabbages n condoms, just next to the 7-11......

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

If you can not find a aundry on Soi 11, there are 2 laundries on soi 5, one just in the corner and the second one just 100 meters in. Charge 100 thb/ kg.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,443 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

A lot of the "laundries" are actually just collection points for a big outfit that comes around and picks stuff up. One real laundry that actually does washing and dry cleaning on the premises is on Soi 13 across the street from the Citrus Hotel down sort of in a parking garage. They charge 60 baht per kilo. http://www.hispeedlaundry.com/

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

There are several laundries in the area of Soi 11 that do laundry by the kilo. I know of four. One is actually on Soi 11, two are on Soi 8, and one is on Sukhumvit just below the steps going up to the BTS on the Soi 8 side of Suk. They charge around 100 baht per kilo, so not as good a bargain as one finds outside of Bangkok. As noted, these are not actual laundries but collection points, but they will serve your purposes for a price.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 20:51
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
495 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

Thank you everyone for your replies. No worries now. Was typing on my phone sitting on a lovely beach and hence the typo mistake.

@islaparadis: hehe I know what that means but wasn't looking for "laundy", got my wife along so its a family vacation ;-)

India
Level Contributor
355 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

@ rishi :)))))...... i had a good laugh when i saw it .....i bet you did too!!.........anyways hope you had a good time in samui........i'm headed there soon and then onto koh tao for some diving.......take care

8. Re: Laundy on Sukhumvit Soi 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 04:16