We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

Guys,

I am planning to travel to BKK next week, and lookind to see wether the S4 is available in MBK yet?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

I'm not a techie, but, MBK is where I would look first. Often, stuff shows up there, Fortunetown, or Pantip, before it's readily available at bigger outlets.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

Dont buy Samsung in MBK. It may not be what it says on the packet. Go to the samsung shop in Siam Paragon, Or Emporium, or Central World, Central Dept. store.

United States
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

No, the S4 has not been released yet, and therefore is not available in Bangkok or anywhere else in the world. You are about a 3-4 weeks too early.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

In other words, anyone who is sellng you one now is pulling a fast one.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

I'm in Bangkok at the moment, I was looking for a Samsung S4 but the price here from a reputable place would at the most be $50 cheaper than Australia, being an ex IT Tech I was interested in a lot of computer items and spent hours in MBK Centre and Pantip Plaza, nothing worth touching for price, even portable Hard Drives were the same as Australia, the only thing that is cheaper here is clothes and food, anything else don't bother... I even fancied another RC Helicopter but no gain there either, in a word this place is OVERATED.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

Did you figure in the 7% VAT refund?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

No, but when you factor in the chance of a dodgy one not working properly and no warranty to follow up on in Oz the saving isn't that great, I was offered one for a third of the price in Pantip and the seller was honest enough to say straight out it was a copy, I went through the differences with him and he said functions were the same but some diferences in display, At least he was up front, but googling the aussie sites last night I could get on in Oz for $552 which is cheaper than the 18,900 baht here ($633.39).

8. Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 available in BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:16