We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jim Thompson Silk Shop, Do they Make Silk Shirts?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jim Thompson Silk Shop, Do they Make Silk Shirts?

Ive heard Jim Thompson mentioned on TA a few times, and it sounds like it is near where we are staying? (Siam@Siam Hotel)

Have looked at the Website, but there is not much on there for me to establish as to whether or not he can make to order, men and womens silk shirts?

If they do, would it be advisable to go to the shop in the first few days of being there, so they are ready to collect before we go?

Also, any idea of what should be paying for the shirts?

Would love to hear from anyone who definitely knows any or all of the answers to my query please.

Thankyou

31 days to go, yay!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jim Thompson Silk Shop, Do they Make Silk Shirts?

Hi,

Jim Thompson does not do retail-level made-to-order shirts or other garments.

I know they've done it in the past, but thats for corporate entities whose orders will be substantial.

I think for the retail level consumer, your best bet is to buy your desired fabric off the bolt (roll) from one of their shops; then have that tailored into what you want at a tailor of your choice and independent of JT.

He does however have a decent line of JT labeled garments sold in-shop.

Travel Safe,

2. Re: Jim Thompson Silk Shop, Do they Make Silk Shirts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:17