We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Underwear in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
84 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Underwear in Bangkok

Hi

This may seem like an odd question but I've noticed that some of my Marks and Sparks and BHS underwear is made in Thailand and I wondered does anyone know of any outlets / shops where I may be able to buy underwear that is made for the UK market in Thailand (Bangkok or Chiang Mai). In the past most the of the underwear I have seen in the Far East is obviously made for the more petite figure.

I'm not looking for designer labels.

Do 'Triumph' make underwear in Thailand?

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

There is a Triumph factory in the eastern outskirts of Bangkok.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

…marksandspencer.com/aboutus/…

This lists the Marks and Spencers stores in Thailand. Not sure what sizes they would carry but I have been in a Singapore one and I found heaps of clothes in my size (12 to 14) .. they seemed to carry sizes I would find in an Australian store. I found some great bargains too.

I will be in BKK in 4 weeks so might go have a look!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

The stuff is imported; don't expect any bargains.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

I am out of touch with UK prices but M&S in Thailand seems expensive. I bought a bunch of stuff in the M&S in Kuala Lumpur as almost everything was half the price compared to Bangkok. Yes some of it is made in Thailand but they don't charge made in Thailand prices for those items.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

Hi,

Triumph does in fact manufacture here.. Triumph in Thailand is known as and is registered as Triumph International (Thailand), and they manufacture out in the eastern side of the city in the Bangplee part of Samut Prakan. The manufacturing is done by a subsidiary, Body Fashion (Thailand) Ltd.

Travel Safe,

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

You can find nice underwear in all department stores. Only small/children size underpants (and sometimes also bras) are sold on markets. You can try Pratunam, lunch time market on Silom Road next to Bangkok Bank or Banglamphu Market.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 07:57
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,640 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

I've recently been buying bras in Thailand and I've discovered a brand made in Thailand called Wacol who make some very nice items. There are lots of other well known brands also available including Triumph, which I've also bought. Of course I don't know your size but ti give you a bit of an idea I would buy 34C in Australia which translates to 80D in Thailand. Beautiful fit and they have gone through the wash hundreds of times and are still in good order.

Lots of pretty knickers are also available. It's worth having a look in department stores like Central, Tokyu, Robinsons and so on. The market stuff would probably be a bit scratty and of course you would't be able to try a bra on in that sort of environment without creating a great deal of interest.

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

Thanks everyone (useful size info - I'm 36c so good to see what sizes translate to). Has any one been to the Try Arm factory? I read that its an off shoot from the staff that unfortunately lost their jobs when Triumph cut back. I'll be n Bangkok on two weekends - I'm guessing they probably aren't open on weekends but worth asking.

Didn't know M&S were in Thailand - you learn something new!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

Not sure when you will be in town but Wacol, Triumph and BSC usually have sales every now and then. You just have to keep an eye out for them at Centrel or The Mall group of department stores.

The missus just bought some at 50% off at The Mall. Saele season is great in BKK.

Save Reply
10. Re: Buying Underwear in Bangkok

sir plese sand images and detial in y hosell prise