We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Hi, Any idea whether Local SIM (I want to use it during my stay at Bangkok), are available in Bangkok Airport. Who is having the best service and national and international rates? Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

They sell them in the landside area, once you are past customs. I've never bought one there as they desks always seem to be busy with queues so I wait till I get to town and get something in 7-11. Sorry, can't help with the rates.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Kali737

Thanks a lot.

Best

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Hi, Wen u go down the escalators at the airport you'll see a phone stall, just pop in tell them what u require and they'll sort everything out. I paid £10 for 2 weeks of unlimited data and 30 mins call time, the SIM card worked fine in both mine and my girlfriends iPhones.

1 other thing make sure ur phone is unlocked to all networks.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 10:39
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,289 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

All three cellular providers have stands in the Arrivals hall and there may be line-ups but it doesn't take long. Rates are roughly similar for domestic service. Cheap international calls can be made with pre-codes replacing the default international access code (001). Some are provider-specific and some are for all phones. For instance, calls to India are currently 15 baht a minute on 00500 on AIS (you dial 00500 91 <number>). It's 12 baht a minute on 009, available on all phones. It's 26 baht a minute from AIS or DTAC on 008.

I'm a fan of AIS, simply because I've been with them so long. Perhaps they still have the best coverage since they're the oldest network. But lots of people think DTAC is the best, and there are lots of fans of True Move.

On AIS you can get 1 GB of 3G data for 350 baht, good for one month. The other networks have similar deals.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

I got TRUE at their booth. Its located on the same level as arrivals. You will see the booth as you make your way towards the taxi. I paid B450 for 200mins and unlimited data, long distance through 00600 cost B1.5/min.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Hello Jermaine,

Thanks a lot for your info

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Hello bill2p,

Greetings . Thanks a lot for your detailed information. It is really helpful

Best

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

Hello Mmonkie,

Greetings. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best

9. Re: Do they sell Pre Paid SIM Card at Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 07:18