We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

san diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

I am having a strangely difficult time finding a reasonably pleasant hotel in Bangkok that allows 2 children and 2 adults in the same room. I don't want an expensive suite, just a hotel with 2 double beds, a swimming pool, and breakfast. Does anyone have any recommendations. My kids are 2 and 11.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Yes here's one that ticks all the boxes...is used by a lot of trip' bloggers and is close to shopping locations and the skytrain.

http://www.evergreenplacebangkok.com/

Edited: 19 May 2013, 23:51
san diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Thank you for that info. Do you know what the Thai definition of a twin bed is? If twin beds are the equivalent of a double bed (i.e. 2 people can sleep on them), then it looks as if we could book a deluxe suite there and be good to go.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

HI,

I had the same problem, my kids are 5 and 7.

I find is so strange that so few hotels offer a large enough room for family.

Anyway, we booked a family world room at the Centara Grand at Central World and have 2 double beds and breakfast and a great looking pool.

Hotel looks good and in a great location so we are happy- we shall see in August!!!

Edited: 20 May 2013, 00:16
san diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Yes I saw the Centara hotel. Looks a bit over our budget though. i was hoping to get something for less than $100. There are many many rooms available at that price in all sorts of hotels, but none of them seem to have 2 double beds. It is bizarre.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Go into the evergreen web site and put in 2 adults and 2 children and the price came up at 1900 baht ...know for a fact a fair few on here have stayed there with children and all good positive feedback as regards the same issues that you have..A very good value hotel in the context of things and well within your budget ....

san diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Thank you. I did that actually and they gave me the executive suite for 4200. Maybe I will just book the deluxe suite (which is 1900) and hope that the 2 beds are big enough. It looks like a nice place.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,080 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Can highly recommend Evergreen Place, were there with our children then aged 8 and 6 last year. Vientai also does large family rooms and is in the old part of the city:

www.viengtai.co.th/

san diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

Thank you for your recommendation. What type of room did you stay in?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,080 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

At Evergreen we stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment, was way bigger than our needs - you might find that they won't allow you to have 4 people in a smaller room/apartment, would email them and check.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,726 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bangkok hotels that allow 2 children in your room

I think the hotels are trying to prevent four ADULTS from bunking in together. I'm pretty sure if you were to book a double room - with two beds - and then ask them for a cot for a child (your 11 year old), most hotels would accommodate you (perhaps with a surcharge).