We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

I've researched and read some forums seems like there is an insane amount of stores in bangkok

so I was looking for some suggestions on where best to shop,

I will be in thailand for a total of 6 weeks ( I'm 22), I was looking to buy accessories ( namely rings, some pendants and earrings - although with earrings I can only wear silver or gold seems to be I am allergic to anything else unfortunately :( but I was going to buy for friends and family back home

For clothes I don't know how worth is it? A lot of people claim the sizes are very small and so are fit for thai people but its much harder to find sizes for westerners is this true? I like classy and professional style of clothes so would be looking for skirts, dresses, blazers, evening cocktail dresses looking for good quality but i'm not picky about designer brands or anything and I like uniqueness small boutiques and stuff 2

I only have two days to shop, and I will be staying at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok

19 Sukhumvit Soi 18,

Based on this and my style where is it best to spend those 2 days? is there a specific place one would recommend then another? (MBK, Chatuchak Market , Siam Square, Bobae Market,Baiyoke Market, Pratunam?)

thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Hi,

MBK and Platinum Market suits you best in my opinion as you will find almost everything that you are looking for. You are somewhat correct about the sizes in Bangkok as they have small sizes most of the time and I was finding it very tough getting a skirt to 34 size over there. But if you look around, I m sure you will find them in these large malls. The things are very cheap over there but check for quality before you buy. Pls also try and get to the night markets such as Pratunam, Patpong as you will find super bargains here as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,622 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Terminal 21, MBK and Pratunam are very good.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Hi

From what you're after forget the platinum and the like head to one of many department stores the like of central, Robinson etc they are classier than those whole sale places not big brand name but good prices. And if you like boutuiqe and uniques head to Siam squares ( not the mall) there are so many small shops boutiques type with lots of them are up and coming Thai designers. Some of the pices you will never see any where else.

Malmö
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Terminal 21 is good for unique small shops - fashion and accessories

Central Chitlom for classy/professional clothes

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

Thanks so much everyone! - also is it always appropriate to bargain in these stores? ( terminal 21, MBK, Robinson or are the prices set in some cases)

I've done bargaining in Peru and Nepal but that was for street vendors/ backpacker alley stalls not malls how does it work in thailand?

thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

I found prices at MBK mostly fixed.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

You can ask for bargains in the malls the like of MBK and in some small shops but department stores the like of Central and Robinson are fixed price.

bangkok
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

For clothes - Definitely Platinum Mall or Indra Center (Pratunam Area)

For Massage - Definitely Healthland Massage and Spa (pay a little more but quality is better)

For Hair - Definitely Zenred Salon (Western Run Bangkok Salon with English Speaking Stylists & Bangkok prices for Hair extensions, brazilian keratin, Amonia colour etc etc)

For Nails - CND SHellac nails also at Zenred, But many places do nails in Bangkok especially in Malls.

For Food - I think 13 Coins Restaurants are fantastic, they do western food and Thai and are open all night

Enjoy!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

For the evening you could head to Asiatique on the Riverside, have a wander around for some retail therapy and then have a meal watching the river.

10. Re: Best Shopping Malls/boutiques in Bangkok for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:16