We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

One more week to go and i'll be in exciting BKK. The last time i was there i spent 1day in Chatuchak Market and couldn't cover all grounds. spend 2 days in Platinum Mall and just barely cover it(had to do with top walking speed and lots of elimination). I now learned there is a Pratunam Market and a Palladium Mall/Square (Pratunam Center). I love shopping but i don't want to spend my entire trip shopping and my poor boyfriend will be bored.

3 candidates- Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt and Palladium Mall/Square

If you have to choose only 1 place out of the 3 mentioned ,which one will it be and why?

If you have to rank the 3 in order of best price with reasonable quality, which order will you rank and why?

I have no issues with buying more than 1 piece to get wholesale/better price so you can factor that in. Can't be bothered haggling because they will just say "best price".

If i can get my silver ring resize while i shop that's going to add bonus point to the candidates :)

thanks heaps!

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,400 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Hi,

I would say Platinum Mall is the cheapest of the three but do look at the quality. Where you go will also depend on what you plan to buy.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,817 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Platinum Mall gets my vote. Pratunam maybe if you are looking to bulk buy.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Give Palladium a miss.

Price wise Pratunam is better than Platinum. Not the stuff on the sidewalk but inside the warren. Go in the morning as the shops start closing at 3pm.

From Platinum if you look across the street you will see the Amari Watergate, to it's left is City Centre. Left of that is a small street, that is the street you want, head into it and into the little shops. Some good deals to be had.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Give Palladium a miss.

Price wise Pratunam is better than Platinum. Not the stuff on the sidewalk but inside the warren. Go in the morning as the shops start closing at 3pm.

From Platinum if you look across the street you will see the Amari Watergate, to it's left (from your vantage point)is City Centre. Left of that is a small street, that is the street you want, head into it and into the little shops. Some good deals to be had.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

sounds good, so it's either Platinum Mall or Pratunam Market then.

i've read about so many different opening times for Pratunam, are they open on Sunday morning?

Mmonkie- thanks for the direction!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

I ve been to both and Platinum mall is a good option. But worth visiting both as its in the same area.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,400 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Open on Sunday and for other shopping possibilities in the same area:

http://www.bangkok.com/pratunam/shopping.htm

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

Rent at Platinum is getting too expensive and sellers also raise their prices it seems...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

A veritable shopping fest, I agree your boyfriend will get bored. Keep an eye on him.

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: where will you shop Platinum Mall,Pratunam Mkt or Palladium?

hi, apologies for butting in...but have a relevant question. Currently staying at grand millenium at Asoke. can anybody advise if its possible to reach platinum or pratunam markets by BTS/MRT. Looking to visit tomorrow. Thanks.