We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Charleston
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Hi All, wife and I along with our 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter will be in Bangkok for our daughter's adoption. We will spend June 24 - 30 in Pattaya and then the latter part of the trip, June 30 - July 9 in BKK. We were here almost 3 years ago to get our son. Stayed at the Abloom Serviced Residence. While it was nice, we are looking for something a bit different. The location was not ideal for us as it seemed a bit secluded. We will have meetings at the US Visa Center on Wireless Road, and at the DSDW: 225 Ratchawithi Road. Bangkok 10400. We are looking for a good serviced apartment that would be in a more central location, perhaps with restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance. Other necessities include:

2 beds (maybe even 2 bedrooms)

At Least 60sqm

Air conditioning

Free breakfast

Free wifi

Restaurant

Gym

Pool

Kitchen

Washer/Dryer in the room

Budget is 3500 baht/night

THANK YOU for all of your help. We are looking forward to coming back and experiencing your wonderful city and hospitality!

Edited: 30 May 2013, 14:19
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

With all your requirements don't expect much of a response. We're not going to do your research or work for you. You have the addresses of where you need to be, and your particulars seem to indicate maybe Sukhumvit road. But as for hotels, use the sites below to research and narrow down to a few that meet your needs, THEN ask for opinions of those. There are just too many hotels and most of use aren't going to research for all your rqmts in the hotel. These sites are recommended here (among others), are safe, reliable, have good prices, can be searched with your criteria in mind and your price range. All have reviews and pictures. Serviced apartments are avail on these sites too.

www.sawadee.com

www.agoda.com

www.hotelscombined.com

www.asiarooms.com

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,478 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Look at AETAS Residence on Soi Ruamrudi, just behind US Embassy.

Small shopping centre with good supermarket, restaurants, drugstore, bookshop, banks is across the road.

You are within walkin g distance to BTS but you can also use the AETAS tuk tuk to take you and to fetch you.

Apts. have washer/dryer. However, I am not sure your budget will cover more than a studio. This would be too small for a family. Best to contact them. It is low season. Cape House on Langsuan is another one. Not sure about a dryer, washer yes. Centre Point on Wireless Rd, another option.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 15:30
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

I'll give you one that may be perfect for you. Adelphi Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 8. Has the BTS NANA station at entrance to Soi 8, 3 minutes walk from hotel. Plenty of restaurants nearby. has Terminal 21 Mall 10 minutes walk away across Sukhumvit (using Pedestrian elevated walkways) or skytrain to ASOKE station. Terminal 21 has good food court. Other malls a few minutes away on BTS skytrain with movie theaters, shopping, food, SIAM Paragon has Ocean World, etc.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Adelphi has washer/dryer, kitchen, wifi, restaurant.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
645 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

I assume you're working with an agency. Put them to the task - they should be experienced and may have negotiated special (hopefully lower, rather than rip-off) rates at one or more places.

Charleston
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

We do but they only had hotel recommendations for Pattaya. I know some families have used Pantip and Presidents Park but haven't heard the best things about their experiences.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

I see someone has already beat me to the suggestion of Adelphi Suites on Sukhumvit soi 8. I stay there all the time! The location would be nearly perfect for you, with restaurants and convenience store right nearby. Also, the restaurant at the Adelphi, called Monsoon, is excellent. You would have the most room with the "Executive one-bedroom", which is quite spacious. It has the washing machine (I prefer to NOT use the dryer but to hang my freshly washed items to air dry, which doesn't take very long) ! You would need to get a rollaway for one child, and maybe one could sleep in the king bed with you, or on the sofa.

Charleston
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

I will check those out, but we'd really like to have two beds, rather than one and then put people of couch/rollaway. I know that gets us more expensive, but we'd be willing to go up as high as 4300/baht a night. On Agoda, I found a couple possibilities. One is CNC Residence, one is The Narathiwas Residence, the other is Rongratana Executive Residence. I will continue to look. Just for my own information, which areas (neighborhoods) on Agoda should I stick to?

Other (3)

Sukhumvit (285)

Silom / Sathorn (154)

Pratunam (67)

Siam (47)

Khaosan / Grand Palace (91)

Ratchadaphisek (85)

Bangkok Riverside (43)

Chatuchak (41)

Wireless / Chidlom (26)

China Town (10)

Don Muang / Impact (50)

Thonburi (21)

Thonburi - South (15)

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Stay near a BTS skytrain or MRT subway station for ease of movement. I still recommend somewhere on Sukhumvit. Using AGODA, filter your choices for serviced apartments, number of bedsrooms, pool, kitchen, etc. Also ALWAYS compare prices for a particular place across multiple sites--like for Adelphi--check price on Agoda, Sawadee, hotelscombined, and don't forget the hotel's own website.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,478 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Adoptive Family from US

Stick to areas like Chidlom, Ploenchit, Wireless, Siam, Asoke/Sukhumvit. Otherwise transport can be a headache. Riverside if the hotel has a boat shuttle to take you nr. a skytrain stop.

Rongratana does not have in-room washer/dryer. There is one set on 5th fl. meant to be shared.

With Rongratana my issue is cleanliness and bad sewer odour in a 2 bed on the 3rd fl. A friend stayed there.

For 2 bed in yr price range with laundry facility you could look at Chateau de Bangkok. Nr. yr embassy, good transport connection. Older property.

CNC and Narathiwas Res. are not well connected to transport. Taxis are plentiful but so are traffic which can be time consuming.