We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky bar dress code

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
44 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Sky bar dress code

No matter how tacky it sounds I think the sky bar the lebua would be good for a drink and a photo op. Read that its required that men wear closed shoes. Does this only mean smart dress shoes or can you wear reasonably smart trainers (not sporty like Nike) as well? Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky bar dress code

They just don't want people arriving in shorts and flip flops but they would look out of place anyway there. We have been there for drinks a few times and my husband doesn't take dress shoes with him to Thailand so wears squede type loafers that kinda look like smart trainers which he also wears in Phuket and Samui so very casual beach shoes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky bar dress code

I'm not sure why you think it sounds tacky! It's quite smart, the drinks are good and the views are spectacular.

Smart trainers should be fine...

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky bar dress code

You could try trainers but a 'normal' pair of shoes would be better.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
874 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sky bar dress code

On the few times I visited Skybar as a guest of the hotel, most people where dressed up a bit or at least in smart casual or causal business attire, I think more important than then shoes would be the pants and shirt that you are wearing.

Here is there dress code:

Dress Code

Our dress code is an important tradition at lebua. To provide a pleasant atmosphere for all our guests, we require smart casual attire.

Please refrain from wearing athletic clothing, sport uniforms, or ripped clothing. Gentlemen should not wear shorts or sleeveless t-shirts. Footwear: Please refrain from wearing slippers, beach sandals, Birkenstocks, or "flip flops". Gentlemen should wear fully covered shoes.

Children: If accompanied by adults, children seven years or older are welcome at Sirocco and Breeze. Children twelve years or older are welcome at Mezzaluna. The dress code for children is smart casual - the same as adults. Bar entrants must be at least twenty years of age.

Safety and Security: We prohibit shopping bags, backpacks and luggage in our restaurants and bars. We regret that we cannot provide storage for your personal belongings.

5. Re: Sky bar dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:16