We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

atlanta
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Because of change in plans in Cambodia, I will be reaching early in Bangkok and will have 3 days in Bangkok (sat, sun, Mon). I am travelling with my 11 year old daughter.

One day can be for Bangkok city tour(palace, what else?). One day can be the boat tour around the Bankgkok to historic sites. Can you suggest something else for an extra day?

Also, any other advise for these 3 days will be appreciated.

thanks!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Dear Mavidi

As soon as you reach Bangkok go straightaway to pataya. Spend two nights over there. Enjoy the place out there good beaches, watersports, Nice thai cuisine and go alone to walking street to enjoy the night life out there.

After coming back from pataya spend 1 night in bangkok and do a day sightseeing along with shopping.

Cheers

Mount Druitt, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Iv got 3 Days in Bangkok next month. My 1st time there. Im trying not to over plan my itinerary just have a rough sketch of your days there, and then see where Bangkok takes you :) Ill list some of the things i want to see and do while i am there.

Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok

Grand Palace

Floating Markets

Shopping

Soi Cowboy and Nana

Mount Druitt, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

i 2nd Pattaya if you can spare the time, ill be checking it out after Koh Samui. Heard good things!

Mount Druitt, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Bangkok Stadium, Depending on how you feel about exposing your daughter to violence.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Hi Aussie Nomad

Koh Samui is no doubt much much better than pataya but if you have only 2 nights in hand than you cannot plan for Koh Samui that's why pataya can be considered, and if anybody wants to stay in Bangkok only than its fine. Last decisions are always with the traveler.

Cheers

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

"my 11 year old daughter"

What else....Shopping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1riNHBUYANU

Food!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2GIc9cBiSo

Or maybe something else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VQsOvNvyQ

It all looks like fun.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

Chatuchak Market for either Saturday or Sunday...http://www.chatuchak.org/

It's great for shopping for eveything under the sun, food, people watching..when I go I am there all day both Saturday and Sunday. There is an air conditioned restaurant if you get too hot.

do some great massages, or at least a foot massage every night.

At the Grand Palace take your daughter to see the Queen Sirikit textile museum of all her famous ball gowns...it's fantastic.

If you like nice homes see the Jim Thompson house and museum...right off the skytrain at National Stadium.

Malmö
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

I don't think you should bring your 11y old daughter to Pattaya and Walking st. as someone suggested.

Grand Palace + Wat Po + Wat Arun is pretty good for one day, all pretty close by.

"boat tour around the Bankgkok to historic sites"

I don't know what you mean by this? Maybe a day trip up to Ayutthaya?

For an 11-year old maybe a day in the shopping mall area around Siam would be exciting as well. Some things to do there besides shopping, Madam Tussaud and Siam Ocean World.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

273RaNarski273, I totally agree.

There is so much to do in a wonderful city like Bangkok in 3 days. Why suggest "As soon as you reach Bangkok go straightaway to pataya" is beyond me. Its even more strange to suggest taking your 11 year old daughter to enjoy the night life of walking street.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 days in Bankgok - need advise immediately

I don't have a problem with taking kids to Pataya - we took ours when they were 9 & 11 (and it turned out to be the start of daughter #1's fascination with drag queens & has lead her to a career in costume design) but with only 3 days I would stay in Bangkok - plenty to see & do there - and what 11yr od girl doesn't like to shop! She will love MBK. If you must venture out for a day - visit somewhere like Ayutthaya.