We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

I will having a domestic transfer after a 10 hours layover at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but will be hoping to meet a friend who is taking an international flight in the airport too.

I'm wondering if the domestic area (after immigration), is the same as the international one, and are not separated?

Thanks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hi,

They are different sides of the same terminal, but there is security and immigration between them, so unless you hang around the international side you won't have acces to international pax once you have proceeded to the domestic side.

Cheers

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thanks for the reply!

As I'm arriving on an international flight, would it be possible for me to stay at the international air-side for a few hours before heading over to the domestic departure area? Or must I immediately transit to the domestic airside?

The airlines carrier customer service hotline in my country is always so difficult to get through!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hi,

Don't see why not, it's got a lot of shops and a few food outlets... But it might be easier/cheaper to exit and meet landside and then go back through to your domestic departure gate. The food is better and cheaper there.

Cheers

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hi,

If you have luggage coming off your inbound to pick up it might not be a good idea to hang around airside though. In that case better to go landslide imo.

Cheers

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
714 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

NO. This info is incorrect. When you get off your International arrival you will be herded either through immigration (and on to the domestic side of the terminal) or through security to get back into the international terminal. To get through you are *supposed to* have proof of an ongoing international connection such as a boarding pass, an E-ticket or a luggage tag. Some people have talked their way thru saying they need to go to the transfer desk which is past security.

Most airports in the world are like this now. The only one I know of, (where you can get off your plane and roam around the international terminal without needing a BP) is Singapore.

6. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 02:11
7. Re: RE: Domestic and International Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:16