We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Auckland
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hi I fly into Bangkok on Thai airways and then 3 hours latter fly out on Indigo Airways to Delhi. I will have only carry on luggage. will I be able to get a boarding pass in the transit area for this? Or will I need to clear customs and then get my new ticket and then re-clear customs to board my plane? Can anyone clarify this for me.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Colonnade
££££, Asian, International
Latest Recipe - Le Meridien Bangkok
££ - £££, Seafood, International, Mediterranean
Shintaro
££££, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,604 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

I assume these flights are on different tickets? If that is so, I believe you will have to clear Immigration to get that second boarding pass.

(you should be on Air Travel)

Edited: 08 June 2013, 17:15
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
724 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

No you do NOT have to clear immigration!

There is a transfer desk in International departures. You will have to clear security between flights, and for that you need proof of an ongoing international flight. A boarding pass is best, but an E-ticket will also do. In fact, many people get thru just by saying they need to go to the transder desk, but that will depend on the agent, so best to have something official in writing.

Auckland
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thank you for your advise. I have an E- ticket so will try what you suggest and see how I get on.

God Bless

4. Re: Transfer Passenger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:16