We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying perfumes from bkk or india

Mathura, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
buying perfumes from bkk or india

hi friends,

please let us know whether prfumes cheaper in bangkok or india

if in bangkok then where can we get good collection at reasonable prices.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

International branded perfumes sold in department stores are imports and subject to pretty high duties and the 7% valued added tax.

I recently bought perfume (Givenchy Play For Her EdP 50ml) for 2760 baht at the Suvarnabhumi airport tax free shop (saving the VAT) and this price was only 6% less than the high street price in Finland. The price is higher in the downtown department stores. You can check yourself what the same product would cost in India to get an idea of the comparative price levels.

The range of perfumes available in department stores and the tax free shops is quite extensive. Street stalls are also selling imitation perfumes that have have names and even packaging resembling international brands. Their prices are much much lower but I have never cared to try them since you cannot know which kinds of peculiar ingredients might be in the bottles. An acquaintance bought the street stall CK1 equivalent but was not happy with its persistence and asked me to buy the real deal for him at airport tax free shop.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

Hi Anurag, two months ago I liked a Armani aftershave at central world and the price was THB 3300 which is much more than in India for the same product, almost double. Last 2 years I am only purchasing few bottles when required online from Indian websites cause its cheaper

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

Hi, Yes,I realized that the perfumes are costly in outlets in Bangkok city than the airport when I purchased two last month at the airport. On my way back home I purchased two more from in flight and I found them to be much more cheaper than what I got from Bangkok airport. On top of that, the in flight also offered me very handy discounts so I was very happy with it. Therefore, I thought I will buy them from in flight in the future if my choice is available.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

buy from the duty free here, its much much cheaper

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,216 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

Before you leave India get some prices of the perfumes you are interested in. Then in Bangkok compare the prices!

Mathura, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

Thanks for the advices guys. We wont focus on buying perfumes as I got aware from you guys that perfumes are expensive in bangkok.

will check airlines if they sell at good deals.

7. Re: buying perfumes from bkk or india

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18