We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cairo, egypt
6 posts
Save Topic
Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Hello, can you please advise me about the bus time table from bangkok to samui and where to get the bus from, and how to get there from the airport? Thanks

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,892 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Hi,

The Lomprayah company operates a bus/catamaran service from Bangkok to Koh Samui:

www.lomprayah.com

There are also government buses which depart from the Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai) and travel overnight. I believe departure time is around 17.00. Both departure points from Bangkok are best reached by taxi.

cairo, egypt
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Thanks so much that was helpful

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

I think how you travel depends also on your time of arrival in Bangkok , there are direct flightsa from BKK which can be relatively expensive , from DMK Airport there are flight+ferry options with Nok Air and Air Asia ( both budget airlines ) - remember that a long tiring journey can make you feel tired on arrival and you might not enjoy the first day much if you are very tired.

cairo, egypt
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Thank you monica, i was planning to take it directly by the bus from bangkok to samui, it will be too long but direct way is better i think. I will arrive at bangkok BKK airport at 14:00 a day before the hotel's check in date

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Well as we always say - Up to you :)

Just as as example , departs 0600 from Bangkok DMK ( Don Muang Airport ) arrive on Koh Samui 1055 with Nokair flight+ferry example fare mid July USD 79.40

There is also the option of overnight sleeper train to Surat Thani ( mainland ) and then connection to pier and ferry

There is also bus+ferry that island hops departs Bangkok 2100 arrives on Koh Samui 1120 , that is with Lomprayah for THB 1,450 ( approx USD 50 )

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,289 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

Take the ARL train from the airport to Makkasan. Outside the doors at Makkasan station,, catch the 556 bus to its terminus at Southern Bus Terminal. There you'll find buses to Surat Thani and/or Samui.

7. Re: Trip by bus from bangkok international airport to samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:18