We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agencies in Thailand

Jordan
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Agencies in Thailand

I am planing to visit Thailand for a week time on August. Can anybody recommend for me a trusted travel agency? I was googling on the net and I came across a travel agency called "Buffalo Tours". I have already started contacting them. Does anybody has experience with this travel agency. Please advise.

Mentioned in this post
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agencies in Thailand

If you are just looking for tours your hotel may have a tour desk. Most travel agencies provide what you pay for. Check out the nearest couple places near your hotel and see what they offer. Most travel agencies will have a list of popular tours. But usually buy one day and leave the next morning. Sometimes buy in the morning and be on an evening dinner cruise the same evening.

Need something immediately on arrival maybe try the hotel first.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

Edited: 18 July 2013, 02:52
Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agencies in Thailand

What do you want from the agency? That influences who might be good.

1. For air bookings I used to use one or two agencies, in competition with airline sites. My balance is now much more toward airline sites. But you might check TVAirbookings (in the Emporium Centre and elsewhere), Chawla Travel, and/or SaveFlights.com. The last has an especially informative Website on fare options to specific destinations.

2. For hotels, I use Agoda, the Websites of certain specific hotels, local travel agencies (which might have promos), or sometimes get a local colleague to directly phone a hotel in accent-free Thai looking for a "corporate" or other discount.

3. For local "seat in coach" tours, compare the travel desk at your hotel with prices posted at agencies. Hotel travel desks are often good, but also sometimes overpriced or dicey on quality/reliability on the actual tour.

4. As a general cautionary rule, stay away from KhaoSan Road vendors for everything.

5. Also please note: Places which advertise "tourist information" and/or have a big TAT sign in front are also generally to be avoided. They tend to be dicey "tour offices" with deceptive signing - indicating that deceptiveness is likely to run deeper than their storefront. A famous example of this is upstairs in Hualampong train station.

Mentioned in this post
Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Emporium Suites by...
1,580 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
3. Re: Travel Agencies in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 07:17