We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok and Hua Hin

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok and Hua Hin

We are going to Thailand early next year for 9 days for the first time. I would like to stay in Bangkok and Hua Hin for the this 9 days either staying in BKK for 3 days and 3 days in Hua hin and then back to BKK for another 3 days before flying home.

Or

I was also thinking of going straight to Hua Hin from BKK airport on arrival staying for maybe 5 days and BKK for 4 days so I can do all Bangkok stuff, shopping, etc and head home, the only thing is that my flight arrives at 7.30pm and after immigration, etc will be probably be out of the airport by 8pm, and considering Hua Hin is 3 hours+ might be too late? Will also have to arrange for transportation from BKK airport to Hua Hin. What do others think of this?

Thanks everyone for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

Yes it will mean arriving at your hotel in Hua Hin about 23.00hrs, this in itself is not a problem although it would be best to advise the hotel of your expected late arrival, (assuming of course that the Hotel you have chosen has 24hr reception desk some small guest houses may not) The thing is after a long flight do you fancy a 3+ hours drive.

Personaly I like to split my time up in Bangkok as you originaly thought and I would do 2 days Bangkok 4 days Hua Hin and 3 days Bangkok, but of course it is a personal preference thing.

As for transport to Hua Hin from the airport you could take a taxi, use the airport limo company or book through someone like oriental escapes.There is also a bus service but the last one is at 19.30hrs.

http://www.bangkokhuahin.com/

orientalescape.com/thailand/…huahin.html

http://www.huahintaxiairport.com/

suvarnabhumiairport.com/to_from_limousine_en…

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/

Above links should help you

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

Be aware..be very aware....Once you have been down in Hua Hin for a few days you will develop symptoms commonly known as the "Hua Hin Shuffle"..it's not terminal by any means but is addictive!!

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
614 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

Personally I would do Bangkok, Hua Hin (by train) then back to Bangkok. As said it is a personal preference. Have fun whatever you choose!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
UK
Level Contributor
898 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

Something it consider if you stay Bangkok Hua hin Bangkok and stay in same Bangkok hotel you can leave some luggage in Bangkok and travel a little lighter.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

I have done bangkok and hua hin a few times. I think my personal choice would be go down to HH for a few days then back to bangkok at the end for a few days shopping and sightseeing. If you go straight to HH it will take no longer than 3 hours by taxi, then you could bus/train back , very cheap. Do lots of shopping before flying home.

6. Re: Bangkok and Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:17