We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amphawa Floating Market

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
593 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Amphawa Floating Market

Hope someone can help

I am looking to do the Amphawa Floating Market & going to Maeklong Market 1st doing it diy by van from victory monument , what i want to know is , what time do i leave Amphawa to make sure i get back to my hotel ( close to Saphan Taksin ) using skytrain & minivan . Also do i need to buy separate tickets for the skytrain from saphan taksin to victory monument & return or can i do it on a day pass ?

Many Thanks

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amphawa Floating Market

I'm not sure what time the last songthaews leave Amphawa and the last vans leave Maeklong. Probably 20:00 would be safe (but it would be a shame to leave so early because you'd miss quite a bit). You would have to ask once you get there.

If all you're doing in one day is going from Saphan Taksin to Victory Monument and then return, there's no sense in buying a day pass. The total amount for the two tickets would be 84 baht versus 130 baht for a day pass.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amphawa Floating Market

As Amphawa doesn't get going until after 5pm, you will have a very hurried visit if you have to leave at 8pm and really an overnight stay is advised, also don't forget the market is only open on weekends.

3. Re: Amphawa Floating Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19