We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thornburi train station

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thornburi train station

Hi,

Myself and my partner will be arriving at BKK airport on 11 November at 3.25pm. We have arranged to go to Kanchanburi on 12th leaving thonburi station at 7.45am. Can anyone please advise where it would be best to stay for a night in bankok, and how we would get from the airport to the hotel and then on to thonburi station without to much hassle. Thanks

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thornburi train station

Khao San area overnight, and then a relatively short taxi ride @ about 0630 in the morning.

Make sure that you have a piece of paper for the taxi driver with 'Thonburi train station/ Bangkok Noi train station]' written on it in Thai.

Pay for the ticket on the platform ticket office.

It's a really enjoyable trip.

Getting from the airport to your chosen hotel is easiest by taxi...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c116554/Thail…

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thornburi train station

Thanks for that,it's really confusing when it's your first time in bankok. Looking really forward to it x

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thornburi train station

Hi,

I forgot to ask about how much would it cost in a taxi?? Thanks

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thornburi train station

400 bahts(ish) from the airport to Khao San, and less than 100 to get from Khao San to Thonburi.

There's 2 train stations at Kanchanaburi. The first one is close to the main Commonwealth War Cemetery/Railway Museum/Guesthouse strip, and the other is a couple of miles further on at the Bridge.

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thornburi train station

Thank you

Norwich
Level Contributor
189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thornburi train station

Ensure you tell the driver you want it on meter (not set price) and you already have your tickets booked as they can be a pain trying to take you to a travel agent or charging too much. You may have to try a few taxis. if you cantvfind someone to take you on meter, dont paybmore than 100 baht.

The roads parallel and just off khao San are a little more chilled if youll be tired from your flight and wantba good sleep. Rambuttri road is ideal.

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thornburi train station

Thanks for that x

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thornburi train station

Check out Bangkok Loft. They had free airport pick up when I stayed there, and close to the station for the early morning departure.

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thornburi train station

Thanks is there much to do around there as we will be returning from kanchanaburi late afternoon on the 14th, which is my birthday and flying to krabi the next day. Wel'll have to book that night as well, so I'd like to do something nice, it's not very often you get to celebrate a birthday in Bangkok. We're in our 40's but still like pubs and nightlife, but not to mad!!!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thornburi train station

I'd stick with the Khao San area personally.

There's more than plenty going on there to keep you fed, watered, people to watch, people to chat to, and keep a smile on your face.