We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptian Sheets

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Egyptian Sheets

Does anyone know if you can buy sheets in Bangkok, or anywhere in Thailand that would fit queen size beds in Australia? Thank you.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Do you mean Egyptian Cotton??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Oh yes, silly me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egyptian Sheets

You can buy cotton sheets at JJ (Chatuchak) weekend market. No idea of size or price i'm afraid.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Central Department stores stock Egyptian cotton sheets, not sure about the sizes but they have a good range.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egyptian Sheets

I looked about a year ago for sheets, thinking that they would be cheaper in Bangkok and and came to the conclusion that they were cheaper in Australia. The problems I found with the sheets in Bangkok were that they:

contained to much polyester

were strongly patterned, great if you like Winnie the Pooh all over them

that for fitted sheets the mattress depth was much less

the sets don't come with a base sheet and top sheet, they are base sheet only,usually bundled with a doona cover and long pillow cover

and that they were much more expensive and the thread count was much less (probably twice the price)

Of course I didn't go to every possible market or dept store, but I went to quite a few and drew that conclusion. If you find any please do let us know, but my advice would be save your time and go to Big W or Aldi on your return where you can get a 400 thread count set much cheaper.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 11:14
Melbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will stick to buying them when I get home. With certain things it's not always cheaper in Bangkok as I have discovered in the past.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Pasaya beddings are nice. 100% cotton and very fine to the touch.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Some of the 5 star hotels market their own sheets eg Westin Grande and you can purchase them in Australia. They are Egyptian Cotton Sateen, 400 thread count and are fabulous but no cheaper in Bangkok.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egyptian Sheets

Can't beat the 1000 thread count sheets from Target. QB size on sale $79. They do that a few time a year. I have bought three different brands and the Target ones are the best quality. The others look like they need a good iron.

10. Re: Egyptian Sheets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:16