We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me to find my hotel :((

Hanoi
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Please help me to find my hotel :((

Hi all guys,

I booked the hotel Pretty Resort Hotel and Spa (No. 99/666 Rattanathibat Road, Don Muang / Impact) at agoda.com because it was introduced as near don muang airport and it looks beautiful with cheap price also. I have a flight on the next day from don muang to yangon, so, I just stay there one night! I can't find this hotel in the maps, no comment at agoda shows me the way getting there and they also recommended that no taxi-driver knows. It seems difficult to find :(( Anybody help me to find the best way getting my hotel from Don Muang Airport???

By the way, I have known that there is a free shuttle bus between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Don Muang Airport. Can you provide me more information about this (such as number, color, departing time, position which i can take it).

Thank you all very much!

Edited: 01 August 2013, 08:49
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

This hotel is cost $15 is 13km from Don Meuang and is rated as pleasant. If you go to the Agoda page then you just click the map link and you can see where it is. All you need to do is find the same place on google maps and take a print out with you. Looks fairly easy to find off the main road, but I reckon you will need to give the taxi driver a map as it is probably on the side street.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

Thanks Markeewan, I don't why when I click "see the maps" on agoda, it's is not displayed :( this hotel seem far to airport, haiz :(

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

Google Maps recognizes directly "Pretty Resort Hotel And Spa Nonthaburi Thailand" and claims that the distance to Don Mueang is 31 km by car. The taxi fare would be a bit over 200 baht + the 50 baht surcharge when taking a taxi from the airport. The location is not in the city of Bangkok but in the municipality of Nonthaburi, on the west side of the Chao Phraya river. Nonthaburi is still considered part of the 'Greater Bangkok metropolitan area', so Agoda is not exactly giving incorrect information.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 15:48
Hanoi
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

Thanks the_goodsoil_family,

Agoda shows that distance from Suvarnabhumi AP is 33 km and from Do Muang AP is 12 km. This distance of 12km is wrong??? :(( So, what must I do? I really don't want to lose my time for finding hotel. I intend to move by shuttle bus from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang (I have known that it's free, isn't it?), and then I will take a taxi, but this fare of 250THB is so expensive, idea of booking another hotel which near to DMAP just flashed in my mind! :((

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

Hmm, it seems Google Maps has two different locations for "Pretty Resort Hotel and Spa" and neither agrees with the location shown on the Agoda map or the one on Facebook. Agoda and Facebook pretty much agree, so if we assume that the Agoda location is correct, the driving distance is 'only' 22 km and the basic taxi fare would be 150 baht before any surcharges. The "13 km of Don Mueang" probably is the line of sight distance, but a taxi has to follow roads.

It is not a given that a taxi driver can read a map. It would be smart to get the number of the hotel on a piece of paper so that the driver can call it for directions if nothing else works.

The offered cheap price must have something to do with the relative remoteness of the hotel, but less than 400 baht (USD 12) in return taxi fares really should not break your bank. If you look for a hotel closer to the airport, there may be hotels that offer a free airport transfer, but these won't be the cheapest ones. I guess that the return taxi fares to a nearby hotel would be at least 150 baht with the airport surcharge. So you would have to find a hotel that is less than 250 baht per night more expensive to make any savings.

The shuttle bus between Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang is free and runs at least every hour between 6am and midnight. You are supposed to need to show your boarding pass for the flight departing from Don Mueang. Probably a printed e-ticket would work, too. See tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k578… (one of the Top Questions).

6. Re: Please help me to find my hotel :((

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18